Binaural Beats - Anyone using this tool in recovery?

Old 03-18-2015, 11:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Binaural Beats - Anyone using this tool in recovery?

Reading lots & lots about these lately & I've found a LOT of videos available online on youtube for this for a variety of issues.

I've been listening to a few over the last week or so; it's far too early to expect results or have any idea how I am responding, but the research is fascinating!

So, who's using this tool? What for? How often? How long have you been doing it? What kinds of results do you credit to this habit?

Old 03-18-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am going to look into this. I figure it can't do any more damage, right? :-)

I have started isolation tank sessions and my anxiety level has dropped noticeably. I would recommend it to anyone who need to de-stress and is not claustrophobic.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me, me! At first I did not think these would work, but I believe that there is something. There are many many apps that you can get, and some combine the beats and other sounds (when you meditate for example, beats and the sound of ocean, wind, etc.). I know that different frequencies are used for different things (meditation, creativity, rest, sleep).

I mainly use the one for deep rest (sleep) and it does make me fall asleep pretty fast. There is only one issue. When you use earphones and they stay in your ears, and you wake up in the middle of the night because they irritate you.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've tried several via YouTube and haven't cared for them. They often sound very whiny and weird pitched to me.

But I hope they work for you!!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I completely agree about the pitch. The ones I do like are Steven Halpern's. I have his Theta & Beta albums. I haven't used them in a long time. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to look into the healing ones, too!

I've used the theta & beta for relaxation and sleep. Puts our son to sleep every time and we used to use them regularly at bedtime.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...prefix=halpern
Old 03-18-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love some of them. Checkout vids from David McGraw. He has one called "500 power affirmations." I do this one at least 3x a week. His voice is pleasant and the ocean waves in the background are soothing. With the headphones it's like you're just wrapped in a warm blanket of positivity.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have an app that I use for sleep and a white noise machine. I've had bouts of insomnia since college plus the horrible anxiety that accompanies living with alcoholism. I sleep so much better now.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Never heard of this but now I'm curious!