Sigh

Old 03-18-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sigh

i have a FB page that I haven't posted on since before my xabf left for rehab back in September. I've peeked maybe 4 times since, but no posting. He deactivated his page before he left and I was blocked before that anyway. So last night I go on and went to look up a girlfriend in Chicago. She and the ex have the same first 2 letters in their first names.

Surprise, surprise! His name popped up. He deactivated his page and unblocked me. So, yep I took a gander. He's doing just dandy! New friends, nice new expensive tattoo (could chip in for the storage space, but naaaaaah that would be thinking of someone else) and he sounds real positive. Got a lot of friends to hit up and make plans for the weekend with It must be so nice not to have any bills or serious responsibilities beyond not getting wasted.

He kicked the last drugs in Dec. I don't begrudge him his healing, but I swear that place is more like summer camp! Boo hoo, they have to follow rules and do chores. Yeah, like we don't. My girlfriend saw him at the aid office with a group from the rehab probably getting their housing and medical paperwork done. She was getting help with her oil bill. He looked her dead in the face and turned away. That much I get. He likes to pretend no one knows where he is. Just like he used to think no one knew he was an addict. She said it was like watching a bunch of middle schoolers. Sounds 'bout right.

Needless to say I deactivated my page and won't be on his. I'm just going to **** myself off more than I already am.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are still paying to store his things, I suggest you stop immediately.

Get your own stuff out of there send him the key.
If your stuff isn't there, forget paying.

No communication necessary beyond that, I'd say.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Hawkeye about the storage unit. But I'd also see if there was a way to take my name off of it (if it's on there) first. Read up on their policy and talk to the manager. If their policy is to send non-paying accounts to collections, if your name is on it, even with your stuff out, if/when he doesn't pay, collections'd go after you, too. If you need to keep storing items, you could also see about moving your stuff to a smaller (cheaper) unit and returning the key for the formerly joint-use space to him. That way you're one more step away from having to deal with him on any level.

I completely understand about the strengthened resolve to stay off his FB page. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. All it did was tick me off (with him and myself) and didn't resolve a single thing. Vent away if you need to and then get up, brush yourself off and keep on moving forward.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for deactivating your page and walking away. I'm not sure I would be able to avoid the snooping!!! :-D
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I decided to do a picture-a-day on Facebook while I'm relocated for my job Jan-April. If it weren't for that, I would try to only check it when I get that little red dot on my phone. My X has a new FB that he uses for his new gf and friends. He refused to add me, even when we were together. Actually he was suprised I even found it. His first account is blocked so you can't really see anything. Or maybe I'm just limited. Anyways, I'm FB friends with a lot of his family, and everyone once in a while he or his new gf get tagged and it pops up. And it makes me recoil a bit. I hate seeing his new gf and all her happy little posts with my old family.

After this work thing's done I'm going to try realllllllly hard to stay away. My Grandma's on there though, and she'll probably get upset if I deactivate my account, because that's how she "checks up" on me. And some friends out of state, that sort of thing its great to keep in touch with. But I was the one who would scroll through everything because god forbid I miss someone's post. Ugh. I can't keep doing that to myself.

I am happy that even though I've seen X's new gf pop up, I haven't looked at her profile at all. Definitely thought about it (we both got invited to X's neices's birthday party and she popped up) but didn't.