another question

Old 03-17-2015, 12:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another question

Thanks my heads been crazy lately thanks for your thoughts and real advice.

I had a nicer talk with him today, saying I'm concerned for our marriage because of our communication, ie him not really talking about any of our problems.

I used I feel, and stayed quite calm, I explained how it's like he is 2 personalities. He got very defensive saying so I'm real mean when I drink am I? ..??
He knows he's not that mean so could throw that in, he just talked about how I always talk about the negative and never the positive and I hold on to stuff....stuff as being shifty for him drinking. Why can't I just look at the good in him he thinks.

He really just meant I leave him alone and he leaves me alone and we all happy. The thing is he does leave me alone he hardly ever has a go at me or gives me grief, unless I provoc him when he's drinking.
I just tried to say when your drinking your not you, we come 2nd....he just kept getting defensive.
he works, I don't and I get most things I want for me and kids so I guess he thinks I give all that so just erase the negatives.

I'm so confused,. I was pretty happy I didn't get upset, I looked at the whole thing as he just has no idea, he totally thinks it all me
Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like he isn't ready to stop drinking. What do you think you will do from here in that case?
Old 03-17-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm going to see a counsellor next week. Thanks after writing this post I realise he's in full denial, I guess that's obvious lol but now I get that Thank u
Old 03-17-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great, I might try counselling when I can as well.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh they love playing the blame game.

The sad truth is - even if he does stop drinking he can still be a "dry drunk" and still hold on to resentments and blame you for everything.

I hate this disease and what it does to our loved ones, and....to us!

Stay strong and good luck with your counselor!