Shame

Old 03-16-2015, 02:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My parents are supportive with no matter what, it's just me battling with the decision.

Interesting that it is codependent focusing on what other people will think. I need to work on this I guess. I really shouldn't think so much about it, people have their own issues it is pretty crazy to think they would care so much about mine.

Husband has been missing now for almost a week, I hate to sell the home I love but I think I'm just going to go ahead and make plans to move close to my mum so she can help with my daughter while I work. Childcare is really expensive in Australia, even if I got a job here on my own the childcare costs would eat up my wage!
Thanks everyone for the support.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am not saying you should but have you notified authorities? Or do you know he is out there somewhere just not at home.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

He is staying with his alcoholic dad, I meant I just haven't heard from him.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

He's not missing.
He's at his father's.
He's an alcoholic.
He needs help not losing his wife daughter and house.....
People here are far too quick to attack and reach for a final result.
Advice can be a form of nostalgia.
It's very difficult being an aussie bloke and quitting drinking....

My wife after threatening leaving and after many chances watched me get sober and I'm coming up to a year.

Just my thoughts.......

Good luck!
Old 03-16-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Obosob, I know he needs help, he has the means available to him. I very much want him to get well. I care for and love him very much.

I know what you mean about advice being a form of nostalgia. I see you feel for my husband because you yourself have been in his shoes.He Doesn't fit the stereotype of the 'Aussie bloke' down the pub with his mates. He is an temperamental artist type that drinks mostly alone.

I'm trying not be hasty in my decisions, it's just that I live by myself, in a big empty house in the country with my ten month old daughter. It's really hard to stay here indefinitely. If I was near my family I could go back to work, have that emotional support etc. he seems to find it a huge thing to look for work (even when he was here and sober for a couple of weeks) so that's another thing.

It's a shame he doesn't have a friend like you who has been through the same, he was looking for a sponsor at AA but was only home from rehab a couple of weeks before he relapsed so didn't get to that.

Thanks heaps for your words.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

What part of Australia?

I know some people who know some people in AA.

I'm in Melbourne, but the network is Australia wide.

Pm if you want to pursue this line.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good stuff Hawks!

I'm living OS but I'm from Melbourne too.....

Maybear: I think you should sit down with your husband and read SR posts of broken familes, people really struggling in relationships, losing jobs and homes not to mention physical and mental health issues....

Like me, I'm sure that there are many posts/people here online that your husband will relate to. It's the resonance of these posts which makes you feel that you're on the right path. You can see yourself in others going before you!!!

I'm not at all being dismissive of your problems and understand more than you know.

The best stories are the ones that work out. Where your man sobers up, can see what he's been doing and turns it around for himself and his family!

Please feel free to message me too........anytime!