much needed break from AH

Old 03-12-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you lexie!!!
That's just what I needed.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're right Lexie...
Thank you. That's what I needed and I'm crying now.. In a good way.
And I think I'm going to take your advice and call the p.o. torrow.... I wasn't going to because I didn't want him to find out I did.. Didn't want to feel guilty and didn't want h to lose his job... But he did this... And he's going. To have to deal with it eventually anyway
Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Those phone call have to be costing you a fortune. Back in the day a big
boundary for me was that I would not speak to him while in jail.

He ended up getting arrested 3 times in the 4 odd years we were together. I grew to love it. I slept better, woke up refreshed and my anxiety disappeared. He tried to guilt me with all the things addicts say from jail. He begged me for money, called all the time and emailed me just how miserable and lonely he was, UMMMMMMM you are in jail.

You just seem so stressed and this should be a nice calm break for you. Enjoy it. He doesn't sound like he is remorseful or willing to change. Maybe next time don't pick up the phone. Enjoy the time with your sons.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thank you sungrl
I'm trying to enjoy the time... I was so looking forward to it. And I really have enjoyed most of it. It has been more calm in the evenings at our house. And the kids have been sleeping in the bed with me all night, which I love, without me having to worry that AH is going to get PO'd about it and feel neglected. I've spent my lunch hours doing what I want to do instead of chauffering him.

But then he calls... and then I allow him to bring me down and make me stressed.

I'm feeling better today though Looking forward to a nice calm weekend.

Or at least as calm as it can be with two wild toddlers
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

wow, thanks for the hard truth in this post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
AH is checking in at Hotel County Jail tonight. He has 14 days to serve in this county, and 30 in another county... for which I'm sure there is a warrant issued...not sure how many days he'll actually end up serving- but I have been looking forward to this for a long time!

I need a break. Really hoping they won't just book and release him, but I have no idea.

I feel slightly guilty for my excitement, but I know I shouldn't.

I feel slightly worried that I am going to feel so "normal" again with him gone that I won't want him to come home... or maybe I'm hoping I will feel that way, so that it will lessen the pain and speed up the process of our inevitable break up...

I don't know... just wanted to share. Thanks for listening.
Don't you dare feel guilty. When my X had to go just for the weekend, I felt relief. I got a good nights sleep, I got to relax, I did not have to worry where his drunk ass was. ENJOY! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Enjoy the quiet mine was gone 3 wks in hospital after fall and he had surgery i cant believe how calm i felt no noise no nasty name calling and i t was nice no waiting to call paramedics when he fell.