Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

H says he is not getting drunk anymore - wants to work it out - done with Other Woman

H says he is not getting drunk anymore - wants to work it out - done with Other Woman

Old 03-07-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

coming from someone who has wasted many many years with a pathological liar, cheater and professional-level manipulator, who ALSO happened to be a life-long alcoholic, I WISH I had recognized that he would never change and been strong enough to leave instead of staying. Staying has only eaten away at my heart & soul and at the person I was. I wanted to believe him so badly but here we are years later and the same things are still happening.
Its a cycle, over and over and over. And with each new woman, and each new lie, I die a little more inside. Here I am 43 years old and a shell of the person I was, living with the carnage of a life of lies and regrets. Let me tell you, it's no way to live.

You seem to really recognize things for what they truly are, which is awesome.
If I could go back and do it all over again, it would have been no contact and filing for divorce as soon as possible, the first time it happened.

I hope you value yourself enough to do what you know you need to do.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You've scared him ... it's been a month and you haven't forgiven him. He's trying to find the right combination of words which will get you to come back so his life can be comfortably the same as it always was. You've got it, though. You can see right through him. Unless he can demonstrate true change (which one month and a few of the "right" words will not show) you would be back to the same old same old.

Stay strong
Old 03-07-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

You want to believe he'll change and I want to believe I'll win the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. We're both looking at really long odds. And I agree with the others based on experience: if he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you. Every single time.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Grits, ironically a Publishers Clearing House commercial was on just as I was reading your list! Ha ha!!
Old 03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Anyway he has so many problems besides Alcoholism he'll never be able to overcome them.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It's just not the same since Ed McMahon went to that big talk show in the sky.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by torquemax777 View Post
Grits, ironically a Publishers Clearing House commercial was on just as I was reading your list! Ha ha!!
Maybe it was a sign to play!