He mentioned my letter

Old 03-01-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

He mentioned my letter

I had to speak to stbxah re DD, quick conversation and was just about to say goodbye when he said I got your letter. He said I had nothing to apologise for and that it was him who had to apologise. He said you know you said if I loved you I would have chosen you over drink but the flip side of that coin you could say I love you so much I left so you wouldn't see me drinking myself to death!!!!! WTF!!!!!

I told him that wasn't what I said in the letter what I had said was that I now understand that while I may have thought it was a simple choice and if you love me you would stop I know know it's not and you have to stop drinking for you, no one else. I did ask about his drinking which he says is ok some weeks and others still could drink the place dry, he's going to the gym and has lost weight as he's trying to feel good about himself and it gives him something to do!!! Felt like saying I e plenty to do you could help out more but I didn't!!!

I didn't say anything about whether he really wants a divorce or try to encourage him to seek help. I said good bye and he said speak to you very soon.

Anyway I am proud of myself for not asking about us, asking if he loves me or really wants a divorce, baby steps eh
Old 03-01-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

I know I shouldn't have asked about his drinking though!!!
Old 03-01-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done B!!' Baby steps indeed! Sometimes I takes four steps forward and one back, but I'm a bit further down the road each time
Old 03-01-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
I think what you didn't ask is more important than what you did ask, Butterfly. Like you said...baby steps.