The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 29

Old 03-01-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, Feb. 29

Well, we don't have a February 29 this year, but just for good measure, I figured I'd post this!

FEBRUARY 29

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

You are Lovable

We go back ... and back ... and back ... through the layers of fear, shame, rage, hurt and negative incantations until we discover the exuberant, unencumbered, delightful, and lovable child that was, and still is, inside us. --Beyond Codependency

You are lovable. Yes, You.

Just because people haven't been there for you, just because certain people haven't been able to show love for you in ways that worked, just because relationships have failed or gone sour does not me that you're unlovable.

You've had lessons to learn. Sometimes those lessons have hurt.

Let go of the pain. Open your heart to love.

You are lovable.

You are loved.

Today, I will tell myself I'm lovable. I will do this until I believe it.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for that! Means a lot!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement honeypig.
Me - my memories back to my youngest time and thru childhood, I can only remember being very awkward, fearful, and definitely not Love, although I know my parents loved me and treated me well.
This led me to discovering Drugs and Alcohol, at an early age, and they were my answer, and in a lot of ways became my identity. This progressed throughout my life. I found ways to keep the Drug & Alcohol use under control, in my mind at least. (However the out-of-control behaviors did wreak much havoc on myself and those around me).

Flash forward to NOW - thru working the AA 12 Steps, and reading the Bible, I now realize that I have an inherent Flesh Nature. It is self-reliant, self seeking, and it predominantly keeps me focused on SELF. With instincts out of control, and throwing Alcohol & Drugs on top, I was absolutely defined by Self-Will-Run-Riot. There is not much Real Love in that condition.

Thru working the AA 12 Steps, I was able to see this for all the ugliness it was, and I was able to change, although it was actually a Miracle that happened to me, because I could NOT fix myself.

Then, and Now, thru Meditation and Prayer (Meditative Prayer, not manipulative prayer trying to get something out of God), I became in touch with my Spiritual Nature, which is also inherent in my Human Nature, but is completely swamped and crushed by a Flesh Nature run on Self-Will-Run-Riot. Through this process, which I now practice Daily, and thru reading the Bible in my new state of mind (and Spirit) I am LOVED, and I KNOW my Inherent State as God's Creation is that of being LOVED.

That is my past, my present, and my perspective.
RDBplus3..Sober, FREE...and LOVED
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
I am LOVED, and I KNOW my Inherent State as God's Creation is that of being LOVED.
I've been doing some reading of Louise Hay's work, and this seems to me to be one of her main messages also. I'd recommend looking her up to anyone here--if it doesn't resonate w/you now, maybe try later. Two years ago I'd not have given what she has to say a second thought; it would have seemed wildly unrealistic. Now? It seems there might be truth to it...and what a comfort that is.

Yes, each and every one of us is loved.