My estranged AH ... found dead

Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you and your loss. I used to post a lot here. Many great people here that have gained unparalleled wisdom albeit through great pain and sacrifice. It is their sharing so that others may find peace that is most precious.

I am long detached with love. The serenity prayer is so soooo applicable.

We each choose our path and our poison.

Your ex is in peace and no longer in the hell that is alcoholism.

May you hold on to the positive memories and be tranquilly stronger from the negative.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForeverAlways View Post
Two of my sons have told me of dreams they have had of their dad and he looks healthy and happy. They have told me stuff in their dreams that only I knew about their dad and in both dreams he is wearing his favorite blue shirt. It gives me some comfort. I have not been able to dream of him. Tomorrow is his birthday and on the 16th of this month I found him. He was such a great guy to see him become such a monster is hard.

One of my neighbors that did not really know AH just told me he liked his beer -- he never appeared drunk. AH was out of his mind but had this guy convinced that he was as sane as anyone. How in the world can they pull that off? To the family as crazy as can be and so irresponsible and to the neighgbor just the average Joe. He told his brother he only drank a 12 to 24 pack a day with a chaser of whiskey until he passed out and then he would call his dealer for some pot and cocaine so he could enjoy the night. My neighbor obviously never saw him they way we did.

Take care.
been there, done that. They are academy award calibre liars and manipulators. i could tell you astonishing stuff about how twisted they are. maybe i will on a new topic.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to you. All of us here are in pain and we all fear what you have gone through. Bless your soul and may you find happiness and peace.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear your story. My alcoholic brother, age 57, died in a similar fashion. Thankfully, he was found after only a day or two, but his home was an absolute sh**hole. We paid $10K in biohazardous cleanup and $30K in renovations before selling. What a lonely ending, and it never makes sense, except that my brother was hopeless in the world. Remember to stay positively engaged with the world! Sending you warm wishes.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Im so terribly sorry... My heart goes out to you... I know your original post was some time ago but I just saw it and wanted to send you my compassion...
Old 11-06-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your truth. I have found my brother alive (barely) in a similar state- house a mess, puke on the floor, blood all over his house, soiled clothing... You name it. W shave convinced him to detox and seek sobriety so many times. His longest sober period was 2 years ago, for 1 year. These days, he does not eat, only drink. He's lost his job and seems to exist only to drink. He's lost a ton of weight. Every few weeks, he will go through an excruciating detox (sometimes, with seizures)... Only to start drinking again a few days later. Currently, he is at home, alone... Drinking himself to death. We are waiting for "the call" or for him to decide he wants to try sobriety once more. My heart hurts for you!! No one should have to endure something so senseless. Please remember to take care of you...