Please help for tonight

Old 08-14-2004, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Radar

Please help for tonight

Hi everyone. I'm invited to a party tonight and I would really like to go. But I want to go Alone! Without my A. Sober or drunk, I don't care; I don't want him to go. My yoga instructor is having the party in her nice home, with champagne to celebrate her first year in business. They are classy people and I want to be able to look her in the face, without embarrassment, every Saturday morning in class.

My A will sit there like a lump of coal if he's sober and he will, he thinks, be the life of the party if he's drunk. I don't know if he can stay away from the champagne. How do I say, I'm going without you? I don't want your company... I don't think you would fit in. I don't think you would have a good time? What do I say?

Please help...
Old 08-14-2004, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just be honest with him. Tell him what you just said here. This is about you going to that party and having a good time. It's not about whether or not he has hurt feelings. It sounds like you going by yourself is the way it will be the most enjoyable for you. Stand your ground and go for what is going to make you happy.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Karivan hi..
What if you would say, "I think I should go alone, as I don't think you would want to watch the others drinking, that is somehow not fair".
(A's should avoid slippery places, right??)
Just a thought, you have to go with your gut feelings.
Hope you get to go alone. HUGS clancy46
Old 08-14-2004, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey Kari,
I told my husband that I needed to start doing some things on my own for me. The drawback to that is that he gets to do the same. It's hard to do, but it has helped me to be a more rounded person. I am able to appreciate our time together more too. Hugs, Magic