Holding my breath! 6 days sober!

Old 02-22-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holding my breath! 6 days sober!

Just wanted to give an update. The weekend was good here for once. There was no alcohol or weed.

He played cards with us as well. Him and the girlfriend went sleigh riding too. He talked alot and he looked relaxed. It was so nice.

I am not getting my hopes up. I know he had stopped before but he never played card games with us before all those other times.

I had learned in therapy before that the addiction will go to sleep as a protective measure so I will always be fearful.

I am going to mention to him about still seeing a therapist because in December when he graduates college and gets into the business world, he may be tempted with drinks when he goes out for business meetings. I want him to learn how to say no or at least limit himself.

So, I have Thanked God numerous times for the nice weekend and for listening. Praying this continues because he really does have a great person inside of him dying to come out.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hummingbird,

I am so glad that you have a moment of peace. How awesome that must feel to see the real person -- hugs!

He has a long road to travel on his journey, so please keep working on yourself. I'll be praying with you!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Glad you had a nice weekend!

Don't get ahead of yourself--I doubt his addiction's "gone to sleep" at this point--he's just holding it in check. He'll have to find his own motivation for sobriety, and develop the willingness to do whatever it takes to stay there.