I need a sponsor

Old 02-22-2015, 02:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need a sponsor

I used to go to al anon meeting before we moved. There are none when I am now... Up a mountain and remote.

Many would say my husband is not an alcoholic. I would probably agree.He can moderate himself and go a couple of days a week with nothing.
He has a long hx of binging and I and set the terms of his drinking- hence the days alcohol free a week.

He will sneak a few more every now and then and lie about it. I can feel myself going into that crazy land again... The cupboard that he keeps his beers. I counted them 4 times tonight and recounting. I do not want this life. I don't want to be this person but I just can't seem to stop myself.

I know there is no point confronting him as he would say it's just a couple of drinks here and there or I am a control freak and should be lucky he doesn't drink the whole lot. (I know yes I am)

I was doing ok before we moved. It is a very small community and I have no outlet as my husband is a well known figure. I wondered if anyone would find it in them to be my sponsor. I apologise in advance if I have wasted time and this is not appropriate.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi - I cannot make any suggestions about a sponsor but I can relate to the move and being "new", etc.

When my AH and I moved 10 years ago I left behind my security for the unknown as well. I had three GOOD years of Alanon in my back pocket and a Superstar Sponsor, and then it was all gone. I felt pretty lost but I thought, I can do this. I have my daily readings and phone numbers, but slowly I slipped back into really bad controlling habits, counting the beer bottles, etc. I think going back to those bad habits were harder for me to deal with than the move!

My opinion, reading this post, you have recognized your behavior and have found a place to share. This is a great step forward! If you have Alanon contacts from your home town, reach out to them. Don't stop sharing or reading your daily readings.

I hope all the best for you and please keep coming back!

Take care

Triggers