He Signed

Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He Signed

Well, after having the divorce papers since the week after Christmas, he signed them Wednesday. Then he bought me chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day. What on earth was that about? Friday was hard because everyone at work was getting flowers and going on about how great their husbands/boyfriends were. But I got past it by remembering him spitting in my face and telling me he hated me. Everytime I get sad about what I've lost, I remember that moment. My biggest stressor is the not knowing if I'm going to get to keep my house or if I'm going to have to find a new place. I'm still at my aunt's for now so even if I have to look, I'll have time to make a decision but it's still the uncertainty that's hard. One thing that's certain - I won't go back to what was. I tell my daughter that in ANY relationship, the good has to out weigh the bad.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is so hard in the midst of divorce to think and remember things clearly. Easy to mourn the good times and dwell on what might have been. You are wise and strong to not overlook the awful times that got you to this point. (((Hugs))) and best wishes for peace as the process continues.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Cherra, I'm glad that's done. The strawberries are typical of an abuser who will try hard to regain control when he/she knows you have slipped out of their influence.

I know this sounds hard-hearted, but a house is just a house. If you do have to sell, you can buy something smaller and make it 100% your own. It's the atmosphere that counts the most.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know that I could survive without the house. It's just the uncertainty that bothers me. I want my new beginning NOW! With our without the house.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey cherra, I think you are doing terrific. After I left, I was worried about the uncertainties, but I found them a lot easier to deal with then the certainties.

Lots of love to you and your daughter.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 02-27-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wise words Amy. Thanks!