My ex who got married in Vegas is crying for me now!!!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Jodie, here's a free prediction based on years reading these types of stories. He's going to keep at you until you believe him, or give in, then he'll revert to his usual rat-like self.
It's like a game to them.

The only way to cut it short is tell your B to stop relaying messages, and to go non-contact with him.

Love the way you've gained strength over this period of heartbreak. Keep it up.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

"become best friends with yourself". YES. I sort of went over this in an earlier post, but it really is so important that you learn to love yourself. Becoming comfortable alone with just me, myself, and I is one of the hardest things we recovering codies have to do to truly find happiness and recovery. I pushed away Mr. Grits once because he was truly, honest-to-God good for me and I knew that he didn't need to get involved with my special kind of crazy. Over the next year I got into an emotionally abusive relationship with a heavy social drinker (not an alcoholic, but I think he's probably one good crisis away from it) who cheated on me the entirety of our relationship, and then when that went up in flames, I finally decided I'd had enough ******** to last me a lifetime and started looking really hard at myself and what I wanted in my life. That was my turning point. About three months after the year was up from leaving the then-not-Mr.-Grits, he popped up on Facebook asking if I'd like to have dinner with him. He was house-sitting and didn't want to eat alone, and I was the only person he knew in the immediate vicinity. I said yes, and because of my work on myself I was able to truly embrace that dinner as an opportunity to get to know another person and be comfortable enough in who I was to share myself with them. Here we are five years later married with a blended family of four and one child of our own. This never would have happened had I not made the decision to stop letting myself be taken advantage of and used be people who aren't worth being in my presence. Loving yourself is the single most important thing you can do right now. Be kind and gentle. You are hurt and you deserve that kindness and self-love.