Groundhog Day

Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Groundhog Day

Sometimes I feel my life is like the movie. AH binges about 1 week out of every 2-3 months. He does his thing, I do mine (ie avoid him and take care of our toddler). The rest of the time he's sober but moody. Some days are great, some he seems proverbially angry. The great days truly are great. We've been together 13 years. I'm deep into my faith and very much want to spend my life with 1 person. I also always dreamed of giving my little boy 2 married parents. AH is great with him, even drunk. But many times I wonder is this enough.

I know no marriage is perfect but I've never really felt respected. Loved absolutely, respected no. And then I think about having to sell our house, which I love but is too much for me and little one. My family is 3 hours away so there isn't a lot of family support nearby.

Not sure what I'm asking about. Maybe it just helps to type it out. Feel like I'm at a crossroads. I'm 31...

FYI- he's been to treatment lots of times and I've been to Alanon lots of times
Old 02-14-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HHT- I am sorry for what you are going through. I felt the same way. No one in my family has ever gotten a divorce, except me. It stinks having the title, but I had to have enough respect for me to say enough is enough. Now that I am divorced, I realize the terrible things he as done to me. I feel I shouldn't have waited as long as I did.

I had to realize that I could never "fix" him and had to let him go. I pray everyday that the gets help. I have been divorced since October and he is depressed and lost. I feel horrible but I will not enable him to kill himself when I am around. I want nothing to do with it. I tried for 30 years to "help" him. Didn't work.

Keep working your program and you will know what is right for you and your child!!

(((((((hugs)))))))))))