The divorce is final!

Old 02-14-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yay, yay, yay!!!! Congrats to you!!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

How long did the process take? Sorry, i am new to the site so I don't know your back story. Congratulations! sounds like you are happy
Old 02-15-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Liz,
I will actually be headed in that direction tomorrow morning. I am taking my daughter to the Renaissance Festival in Apache Junction, after dropping off my counselor friend in Buckeye. Then we must all head back around 4 pm.
I am trying to fit in some of the experiences that my DD and I enjoy together before she heads off to college. XAH (so happy to be able to say it that way) always had an excuse as to why could NOT do things, and I am trying to make up for lost time. The last time we went to the Ren Festival, my DD was about 12, and she has asked to go back, every year since then. I love it; obviously, XAH doesn't. Guess who always prevailed!

Texas (won't call you sad, because I don't expect things to stay that wy),
You can "click" on any poster's name in order to discover their previous posts, and thus their back stories. For me, I started posting in June of 2013, lost and depressed because I did not know how to dig myself out of the sad and lonely hole that I found myself. With the help and support of friends within my immediate circle, as well as my new SR friends, I gained enough strength to recognize that I could not fix the situation myself, and therefore left my XH's home a year later (almost to the day). I finally filed for divorce, with the help of a paralegal in November. It probably could have been finalized a bit sooner, but the para and I had some miss-communication and I finally finished the paper work myself. Not so bad, as our DD is over 18 and we (XAH and I) really had no assets to split. At 55, I feel like I still have time to enjoy life and be content with my surroundings. Texas, I won't tell you that divorce is the only option, but it was the best one for me. It was a very personal decision, and I think that I took enough time to process and implement it (I had been thinking about this for several years). Don't be afraid to reach out on this forum for perspective. Most won't advise you, but help you to guide your own thinking.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL, I was thinking, where does anybody have a RenFaire in the WINTER?? AZ, that's where. I talked to my dad, who lives in Chandler, yesterday, and he said it's in the 80s. I'm sitting here in NJ and it finally got UP to ten degrees. Ugh. I love RenFaires--there's one in PA I've been to a few times and if I happen to be in Colorado in the summer I go to the one there. Have fun!!