Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 4

Old 02-21-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't know to look in the corner of an unfinished basement to find a drunk sleeping person using a rug as a blanket.

A normie wouldn't know to pack beer for an overnight vacation at a waterpark with the children.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Normies don't sit around in a circle of new people hanging out evaluating how much everyone is drinking so they know who NOT make friends with.

Normies aren't excited and stunned to ONLY bring a 12 pack of beer camping for a whole weekend for 2 people.
That was so me.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Normie's don't question their own sanity all the time.

Normie's don't wake up and think it normal to find drunk hub asleep is varying places around the house each morning.

Normie's don't find it weird when they see people leave half a glass of wine as the person has had enough.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Awww, KITTY. Too bad they grow up to be so annoying.

Of course, the same could be said of the alcoholics, lol.

OMG I just snorted coffee out of my nose reading this. Thanks for the morning laugh!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Normies don't go through the mail and steal their husband's credit card statements to see how much alcohol they purchased in the last month ($250.00 worth)

Normies don't sit in their cars for 20 minutes after getting home dreading walking inside.

Normies don't have to make excuses to their friends because they're scared leaving the house will cause a scene.

Normies don't sleep in the other room because their partner reeks of alcohol.

Normies don't go out of their way to sacrifice their own lives to try to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't understand that despite all of the above I still love my wife unconditionally.

That's the real kicker isn't it
Old 02-22-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

That's the worst part for me, jjnorris.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Right there with ypu6

I agree, it is the worst part. People tell me not to put up with it. That he is not an equal partner. That I deserve more. And so many other well meaning, supportive statements. None of them understand that I love him. I come home every day with the image of the good, loving man I met and fell in love with in my head. Then am devastated every time when the man before me is not him. But I love him, the man he was, the man I continue to hope will come back to me.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I was recently reminded that Normies probably don't know what it's like to have a binge-drinking friend that expertly stuffs down emotions & then randomly vomits them up all over everyone after getting themselves drunk.

(good news is that I can recognize it for what it is now & simply walk away)
Old 06-01-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't know how it feels to wonder about how it feels to be a normie LOL
Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Normies wouldn't keep their debit card hidden inside their bra... At all times... Day and night.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Here's a happy one, spawned from Firesprites side note.

Normies can't look back at the last rough few years, and see exactly how far along they've come in their recovery...and pat themselves on the back for being a very different person after clawing their way out of 20, 30 or 40 years of the same patterns and stagnate thinking!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I just adore these threads . Okay so a Normie doesn't know every way on the internet to locate the Addicted son when he is running and gunning. Normies don't have the "who's in jail" site in their favorites! Normie's don't dread seeing their child's phone number on caller ID no matter if they are using at that time or not. Normie's don't make up excuses for being treated disrespectfully. Normie's don't wait for the other shoe to drop!
Normie's can go for long periods of time not hearing from their grown child and not worry because they know that child is an adult and can take care of themselves ROFL....
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Normies don't breathe a sigh of relief when winter turns to spring because for 6 months they don't have to worry that their AH is going to die of exposure passed out in the car overnight.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Normies don't call drug dealers/drug buddies to ask if they've seen your husband.

Normies don't look into ditches while driving down the road to make sure the worst hasn't happened.

Normies don't knowingly accept lies as truths just to avoid the exhaustive friction.

Normies don't have excuses in their back pocket to answer the question "Where is (your husband)?"

Normies can ask their spouse to pick up milk on the way home.

Normies communicate.

Normies don't continually return to a source of pain.

Normies don't seek self worth from someone else.

Normies don't accept a cycle of irateness, fear, grief, and sadness as their normal.

Normies don't hide their car keys.

Normies don't feel the need to prepare for the worst around every corner.

Normies have financial stability......

Normies communicate.

A normies' natural reaction is to remove their hand from a hot stove in the name of self preservation.

A normie doesn't know there are people in the world who refer to them as "normies," lol
Old 12-10-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh normies!

I have read every comment on here and I want to say thank to each one of you and especially the original poster. I can relate to sooo many of these and I think I am much farther into my recovery thanks to this. I really thought I was exaggerating or being a bad wife! But you guys showed me that I’m not crazy! Thanks to all the gaslighting (which I just learned about) I was starting to believe it was my fault! How sad is that?!

Normies don’t wake up to their AH washing a couch cushion at 4 am because he peed on the couch again.

A Normie doesn’t have to remind her husband that he is the one that choses to sleep on the couch every night...although she is relieved he does because of the snoring and stale beer smell.

Normies can have conversations with their husbands.

Normies don’t “allow”their husband to spend 700-800 a month on beer and cigarettes.

A Normie doesn’t have her husband threaten to divorce her all the time.. and the Normie wife doesn’t wish he would do it already. Because the Normie wife isn’t strong enough to do it herself.

A Normie can depend on her husband to help with their child. Especially when she has a broken ankle and a 19 month old. My sister was my saving grace!

A normie doesn’t dread being intimate with her husband. The smell makes me want to gag. And AH husbands loves to wake her up in the middle of the night.

A normie doesn’t get yelled at for not opening the front door fast enough because AH locked himself out... all while she is trying to get a 6 month old back to sleep because AH woke him up getting ready for work.

A normie also wouldn’t have their husband tell them they want to hit them and respond with “do it”.

A normie wouldn’t be told that they should be happy because their husband doesn’t cheat or beat them.. man I didn’t know how lucky I was!

A normie doesn’t wish that their husband would cheat so that it would be easier to leave.

Normies don’t beg and plead with their husbands to go to their child’s first bday party.. then be like f*** that because you decided you weren’t going to let AH ruin another celebration! The kicker here is that AH was mad that his father (grandpa to our son) wasn’t going to the bday party!

Normies don’t get tired of answering to where their husband is... usually answer with he is asleep!

Normies don’t have to listen to the same rant over and over.

Normies don’t have to listen to their husband talk about their family because they are jealous.

When did I switch from being a normie to a Codie? I used to look at my AH and think about how much I loved him that it hurt.

Now i struggle with loving him and hating him at the same time.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks for bumping this thread. Very funny and sad at the same time.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Normies don't know how to patch up walls after the AH puts a fist through it.

Normies dont know how it feels to sleep in a garage, in their car, because it is safer then their house is.

Normies would never have put a the DV national hotline on their speed dial.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Normies won't have first-hand experience of seeing the effects of synthetic drugs, nor would they know how synthetics are vastly different from the natural drugs they are supposed to mimic, which are also pretty bad. Normies wouldn't have PTSD from dealing with all of that. Normies wouldn't have nightmares every single night. Normies can have Christmas celebrations with their whole family there, instead of someone being missing from the celebrations because they chose drugs over people.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:06 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hugs guys!

I thought of some more.

Normies don’t have three bathrooms in their home and avoid the one AH uses because he always misses the toilet! Normie wives also don’t use different showers because AH is disgusting!

Normies don’t find $63 charges of when their husband went out to eat with a friend! I’m sure the majority was alcohol!

Normies don’t already know that their husband won’t come with them to visit family for Christmas.

Normies don’t leave their passed out AH outside and go to bed. I used to “care” and would try to wake him up before going to bed but now I say forget that! And you know what...I sleep just fine!

Normies don’t have to clean up beer when their toddler grabs one out of an overflowing trash can (trash was taken out the day before).

Normies aren’t baited by their husband.. like “why are you looking at me like that” when you weren’t even looking at him.

Normies don’t hear their husband complain about his health and have their husband then say they don’t want to go to the dr... because they know it’s from all the beer!

Normies can recall the last time they went to dinner with their husband.. instead of only being able to go eat breakfast on occasion because he isn’t too drunk yet. (Possible last date of dinner 2/25.. his birthday). But have AH go to eat with his friends all the time.

I’m sure I could think of more but that’s it for now.