More drama

Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

More drama

My ABF is still awaiting a call back from alcohol liaison after 3 weeks - calling every other day and leaving messages. He is still drinking.

But today we found out his sister has post natal depression & drinking excessively also - 2 bottles a day. He is shocked & sickened.

And I am deeling lost - what do I do?
Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Catareta, I don't know what to do. All I can offer is a ((((hug)))) and a shoulder.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are in the middle of that - how stressful!

I hope you take lots of big steps back from the situation, detatch, and focus on taking care of yourself. Don't let their problems drag you down too!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

there is nothing you can do to fix their drinking problems. it's a losing battle and can really get depressing. you simply must keep up with your own self care, tending to your own needs as best possible.

it's ironic that your bf finds someone else's drinking "shocking and disgusting" - but is that enough for HIM to stop? while he has been waiting for a call back has he even attempted to not drink, or not drink as much? is he doing ANYTHING for himself?

since he has a line of help, please let him deal with it. you have your own things to deal with , to tend to .
Old 02-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I don't see that there is much you can do. We are here for you. XXX
Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There isn't anything you can do about their drinking. You simply do not have that power.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I often feel lost when I'm afraid to let things happen without trying to control the outcome for me or someone else. You do what is right for you. 'The next right thing.' It was and is a powerful tool for me. You can do small things that are right for you without knowing where it is taking you. You can make a mistake or change your mind. You can do something, or nothing at all, without knowing the outcome and that is OK. Sometimes my 'next right thing' is kind of a big decision and sometimes it is something rather small depending on the circumstances.

Do you have a feeling for what the next right thing for you might be?