Waking up from aboriginal addict dreamtime

Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Waking up from aboriginal addict dreamtime

What an ocean we could make if all our tears could be gathered. I'm still a little raw from my little un-characteristic meltdown. I'm just sitting here wondering if any of it was real. There were 2 people going to the same places, seeing the same things, in conversation, but separated by a wall of addiction. I want to believe that the "i love you" was real and the "I hate you"wasnt. I want to believe that the good times were the "real" guy under all of the madness and that the madman was just holding my good guy hostage. I saw so many glimmers of this shining light that I wanted to believe that was all there was. But I don't know what was real. Was I actually crying over someone I never actually met? Was I/am I mourining a relationship that only existed in MY mind?

The song that melted me was "My Immortal" by Evanescence.
One of the lines is:
I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But, though you're still with me
I've been alone all along.

I've been alone this whole time. For a whole year. I was awake, but choose to live in his dream world. If I didn't have his belongings, I might be able to convince myself it never happened. Yet, it did. And I don't want to forget lest I repeat this mistake with someone else or he does return. I just have to learn keep it perspective.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are hurting right now. Perhaps reaching out to someone in your close support system, a sponsor or a very close friend? If you do Alanon perhaps just sitting (not sharing) in a meeting might help you a bit.

I could also suggest quietly reading thru any journals you have or possibly writing your feelings down on paper and then re-read them. I find it to be very therapeutic.

Hugs to you and take care.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ducky, I've heard it said here that what we are mourning is not the actual relationship and all its craziness; what we are mourning is the death of our dreams and hopes. This article explains it better than I ever could:

http://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/pd...ner-112011.pdf

http://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/pd...ner-112011.pdf

I hope you find something helpful to take with you.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both! HP, what an amazing article!!!! I will be reading this again and again!!