Omg HE MARRIED HER IN VEGAS this weekend!!!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
I'm starting to see the light. I was actually laughing about it today.
Beats cryin'...
Old 02-12-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

With the amount of info you get from people I wouldn't be suprised if a few years later u find out that relp destructed as well. Also what kind of friends send upsetting news like that over text. What is this world coming to....
Old 02-12-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I could be wrong but I also sense some inner criticism that you aren't getting over it fast enough, that you take what some people are saying to heart. Be kind to yourself Jodie. Take as long as you bloody well need, the important thing isnyou do get over it. Its still very early on and you keep getting whacked by increasingly shocking news. If I was you I would have run away to a far off island by now. You are very strong. I see over the threads you are getting over him and its more now just getting over what he did. It takes time. I had less happen to me and I'm still not over it six months later.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:12 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

It's pure madness.
truer words have never been spoken.
that it is lady, that it is. And it's only just begun.

You, on the other hand...have a chance at a new, MADNESS FREE life.
so glad you were able to have a laugh about it. baby steps. You'll get there
Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I was told by a reliable source that his family nearly arranged this marriage because she's a "nice Greek girl" and they wanted him to settle down and think she can "save" him. This is the talk of the town and I'm getting multiple calls and texts about the insanity of it all. What his family didn't know is that he was on a coke bender when he married her. The dirty tattoo rings are shocking. My brother texted him, "dude did you get married???" His response was," you could say that. Don't tell your sister."
Old 02-13-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Charis, thank you for validating that. I just found out Monday he got married and you are so right....it is shocking and going to take a lot of time to process and heal. Thank you for understanding.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

dirty tattoo rings? lovely.

I wish people would stop "updating" you on his actions though. The constant knowing f what he is doing is just going to mess with your head and ability to focus on you.
The less info you have, the better off you'll be.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:59 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

What his family didn't know is that he was on a coke bender when he married her
oh that is SO romantic. Something to really cherish and remember down the road.
*eye rolls*
oh jodie...you have such a better future ahead for you. You deserve SO much better than that.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Jodie, thinking of you today and sending you positive vibes.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Sounds pretty pathetic. Aren't you glad you are off the crazy train?
Old 02-13-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Family sounds a little nuts if they think she can save him, wishful thinking and so much pressure on that poor girl
Old 02-13-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

It's very selfish of the family, I agree. This girl is so naive and in for the ride of her life.

Now that he's married he doesn't seem too proud of it by telling my brother "I guess you could say I got married and don't tell your sister."

Crash and burn baby.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

It's very selfish of the family, I agree. This girl is so naive and in for the ride of her life.

Now that he's married he doesn't seem too proud of it by telling my brother "I guess you could say I got married and don't tell your sister."

Crash and burn baby.
Indeed. This has fail written all over it. Be glad, very glad that you are no longer involved. Whatever hurt you were/are feeling, it's minimal compared to what could have been.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

dirty tatoo rings? ugh! i missed that. how *charming*, but permanent.

when he sobers up, no he should not be proud of what he did....and there is going to be a chain reaction that he will be WORSE. I bet the farm on it.

you do sound better Jodie, but i agree, people keep bringing you gossipy tidbits and it prolongs the bad feelings.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Just to give you some perspective....

Many, many years ago I dated someone who was an active alcoholic - I knew that going in... his first wife divorced him because of it (we have friends in common) - he lost his wife, home, job, everything. Thankfully, they didn't have any children. So, he moved on to me very quickly, I thought I was "the one", I was young and thought I could change him. Well, after of a year of crazy-town I bailed on the relationship. A few months later, he met and quickly married a woman with 3 daughters. He was still drinking heavily, the marriage unravelled and he divorced within a year. Moved on to a young woman, lather-rinse-repeat, married her, 2 years and it was over, again due to abuse/alcohol. Finally, he married a disabled woman, a few years his senior. Guess he needed someone vulnerable, who would take care of HIM and not leave. This story doesn't end well.. I received an e-mail a couple of years ago that he passed away, stomach cancer, not clear if alcohol was the main factor but it definitely exacerbated his condition. Again, I knew what his trajectory was due to close friendships....

I cannot tell you how many times I thanked god for dodging that bullet (more like nuclear missile....)

As many others have said, it takes time to get over heartbreak.... but you will heal... and I can absolutely tell you that what he is doing is jumping from relationship to relationship in order to satisfy HIS needs, whatever they are (in the case of my relationship, he needed housing, money, someone who would put up with all his crap) Didn't quite work out for him)

So hang in there. His marriage will most likely end in tears... I would bet cold hard cash on it.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ghosseir View Post
So hang in there. His marriage will most likely end in tears... I would bet cold hard cash on it.
I'd bet my life. That poor girl. She has no idea what fresh hell she has entered.

Jodie - I hope you have some fun planned this weekend
Old 02-13-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I don't want them to work out, call it my ego or broken heart or shattered soul...I just want them to fail. And I keep telling myself that it'll work out for them because it was so "perfectly" arranged.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! XXX

I'm starting to see the light. I was actually laughing about it today.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I don't want them to work out, call it my ego or broken heart or shattered soul...I just want them to fail. And I keep telling myself that it'll work out for them because it was so "perfectly" arranged.

^^^^^^^^And it was exactly this type of thinking that kept me stuck. ^^^^^^^^

Regardless, if they fail or succeed it simply doesn't matter, I/YOU no longer live in that world.

Perhaps, the running dialogue in your head, could include positive affirmations about You and Your future.

It's the weekend Jodie, go out and explore the world, lots to see and do, and nothing like a change of scenery to brighten our mood, and lift our spirit.

And just for your ego, this marriage is going to end in disaster, I , too, would bet my last dollar on it. But very soon that is going to be a nonissue, as you will have moved on to a higher standard of living!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I agree Marie, seems a lot of energy is focused on bashing a total stranger to pump up one's morale.

That needs to come from within.