Why Doesn't He Want to be Responsible for his Children?

Old 02-09-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
OK, maybe I missed the train on that one but taking pictures with your kids when you are skying or having some fun time and posting it on social media is something that most parents do. Sounds perfectly normal to me..no???
Dear Carlotta,

Of course I meant in relation to Pippi's AH posting happy kid pics when there is no relationship behind the smiles. People who post pics online or boast about how wonderful things are when there is NO substance to them have serious ego issues. Keeping up appearances and all that. My father and my exA both do that. They present people and relationships as better/happier/healthier than they actually are, so they appear WONDERFUL to other people. No substance to any of it. I have seen many narcs keep up appearances for their own egos/public images.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am quite sure that's what makes many of us feel ambivalent about Facebook!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't think just being an alcoholic is the reason he is like this (plenty of non-alcoholics are terrible parents). It comes down to personal values PLUS alcohol.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Pippi, I think it's good for you to hear the perspective of someone in a healthy divorced relationship, or as healthy as it can be. We begin to think the craziness is normal, and this man helped remind you that it's not.

(((Pippi)))
Old 02-09-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
Dear Carlotta,

Of course I meant in relation to Pippi's AH posting happy kid pics when there is no relationship behind the smiles. People who post pics online or boast about how wonderful things are when there is NO substance to them have serious ego issues. Keeping up appearances and all that. My father and my exA both do that. They present people and relationships as better/happier/healthier than they actually are, so they appear WONDERFUL to other people. No substance to any of it. I have seen many narcs keep up appearances for their own egos/public images.
Oh ok!
I was not being facetious here, just was puzzled for a minute. I grew up way before FB and social media and in an alcoholic home so sometimes I have to check base/references for what constitute normal behaviors.
I really did not mean it to sound sarcastic or whatever.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Pippi you will drive yourself crazy asking the "why" questions.
The best thing you can do for yourself is just accept the situation & make the most of it as you are doing by raising your children.
All that matters is that the kids have 1 stable parent to raise them.
Hugs.