Feeling sorry for myself

Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

jarp,

Just really wanted to say Happy Birthday. . You deserve the best !!!!!

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
amy
Old 02-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, jarp! May you have a wonderful year, One Day at a Time.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Jarp! You do NOT sound pathetic. I would be very hurt too. After all you've done and do for your family it"s terribly inconsiderate for them to not acknowledge your special day.

Hugs!
Old 02-08-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

BIG GIANT HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JAARRRRRRP, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOO YOOOOOOOOOU!

Since you're a fellow aquarian, have you read your horoscope lately? We're supposed to be having some kind of freaky good luck and good things coming to us this month. Maybe something great is coming up for you soon!

Sending you big hugs!

WEEKEND OF FEBRUARY 02 - 08, 2015
Make it a double, Aquarius! This Tuesday, February 3, the full moon in Leo lights up your seventh house of committed relationships, bringing your most important partnerships into the spotlight. Will this herald an early arrival for Valentine's Day or an inescapable moment of truth? Either is possible. This full moon will arrive at a close degree to lay-it-on-the-line Jupiter in Leo forcing buried issues to the surface. Jupiter happens to be retrograde so there's a good chance these emotions have been bubbling below the surface like hot lava for a while. While an eruption is never pleasant, you'll actually feel relieved once everyone's real feelings are out in the open. Finally! You can have an authentic conversation about your respective needs, frustrations and desires. This could be the best thing that's happened to your relationship for a while. Sometimes it takes a good old-fashioned blowout argument to clear the air. Just keep your lightning bolt temper in check. Read: no hurling objects at the wall behind your sweetie's head, as we've known a couple fired-up Aquarians to do. If you've been feeling the sparks with an as-yet secret crush, this bold moon-Jupiter combo helps you screw up the courage to make a move. Your relationship status could change significantly in the two weeks to follow this full moon. The question is, will you update to In A Relationship, Single & Loving It, or It's Complicated? You can think of this full moon as an important line in the sand. For example, stop pretending you're "just friends" when your heart wants so much more. Better to lay it all on the line than to keep quiet and risk missing your window of opportunity! Remaining in a bad romance is not your fate, Water Bearer. This full moon might be your opportunity to exit strategically.

Since legal matters fall under the seventh house's domain, the full moon could bring resolution to a court case or contract negotiation. You may also be offered a contract, bringing some long-overdue security. Try to stall until February 11 — the date that Mercury ends its retrograde — to sign your name on the dotted line. The shadow of Mercury retrograde lingers until March 4, so it could take until then to REALLY hash out terms and decide on the right way of joining forces — or dividing everything up. If you're ready to break free of a partnership, this full moon may prompt you to call your lawyer or get an appointment on the books for next week when Mercury is direct once again.

Speaking of Mercury's backspin, this one's been especially tough for Water Bearers since it happens to be taking place in your sign. From January 21 until February 11, the messenger planet is retrograde in Aquarius, making you feel intensely misunderstood. You may be struggling to get your point across to people, feeling as if you are speaking a totally different language at times. While this three-week transit is NOT the best time to, say, publish your memoirs, post a YouTube video or schedule an audition, it IS optimal for developing your genius ideas behind the scenes.

Amidst the week's relationship developments reserve an equal amount of space in your calendar for personal enjoyment and solo pursuits. As Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote in "Self-Reliance" (a title that pretty much sums up the experience of a Mercury retrograde in your sign), "A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his. In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty."
Old 02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Happy Birthday.

I hope you made it your day.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Jarp!!! I hope you did something lovely for yourself! Preferably with a Benjamin from RAHs wallet
Old 02-09-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ugh. I am sorry Jarp. Happy Birthday, we love you!!!!!

I am sure it does get you down to see a relapse in his future. I am sorry to hear he is not working his program, that has to be a big disappointment.

Tight Hugs sweet lady!!!

PS...I too hope you do something nice for you!!!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

FELLOW WEIRDO AQUARIAN, this is not sad and selfish. I remember saying the same thing to my sister, and she said if her husband didn't get her anything for her birthday he'd have hell to pay. She made a huge deal out of it, and here I was trying to minimize this issue and how it hurt me... again. It was one of those moments where I realized I'd settled for less and less in my relationship.

Last year, the first year I was really alone and in the divorce process, was the first year I got anything for my birthday in years. I was home sick from work, and my BFF brought me pretty earrings. We hung out and watched Maury together over lunch break. It was actually hilarious and great.

Anymore, I get myself something nice so I don't have to rely on others to remember me. My birthday is in about a week. This year I got myself a couple of cookbooks and a nice sweater (which I happen to be wearing right now). There are other plans in the works, but it's important to me for me to do something for myself to make my holidays special.