stuck in a new spot

Old 08-12-2004, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

stuck in a new spot

I have been attending Al-Anon for 9 months now. I know i have grown a lot in this short time but I am still stuck with loving myself and my self-esteem. Everything else is going good for my family and me. Yes my dad is still drinking but I have let go of that for the most part. Why can't i love or respect myself. So many people in my Al-Anon respect me and love me and i am getting positives but IAm still not that positive myself is there anything I can do that i am not doing? I am only on step 3 at this time.
Love,
Shana, 18
Old 08-12-2004, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Shana))
Keep going. I found a lot of self love in my 4th and 5th step. Doing a self inventory, my sponsor made sure that I inventoried the positive things first. I didn't know how important that would be until I did it. I also do positive affirmations in the mirror. It seems funny looking myself in the eyes and talking to myself, but it works. It takes time to mend a broken spirit. You are doing it, with all the love and support. There is a saying that Al-Anon will love you until you can love yourself. I have found that so true. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-12-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks Magic I needed to hear that. I think i need to do step 4 and 5 but I am not able to get through step 3 right now but I am working on it. Thanks for your post it meant a lot to me.
Love,
Shana
Old 08-12-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

You will know when you are ready. We don't heal overnight. Be gentle with yourself. You are doing so good. Hugs, Magic