I Would Rather Be Forgotten

Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Stung!

I'm sorry you've had to deal with such nonsense on what should be your special, joyful day.

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
These two women do so that they can claim they did. When you don't keep the veneer of social graces, they can heap the blame of the break in the relationship on you.
Totally agree with CodeJob here. This just wreaks of manipulation. The best thing you can do is not respond to them. The more you stir the pot the more it stinks!

I really like that you donated the flowers. If you can't enjoy them, someone should.

BTW, there is no way in hell I'd let my children spend anytime with people as toxic and F'd up as your Mom and MIL. You are a responsible, caring mother who is doing her best to raise 2 well adjusted, little happy girls. I really admire your strength.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I don't mean to assign fault, per se, but I personally believe that alcoholism is an environmental factor slightly more than it is genetic (this is my opinion, not scientific fact).
I have been knocking this around in my head recently.

I used to would have said no, its not FOO fault regardless of childhood one makes a choice or comparatively you can look at "good" parents who produce addicts and alcoholics.

But I have changed my mind. Yes I do believe there accountability in some cases, but not all. Abuse your kids mentally, emotionally, physically YEP.
I see in RAH parents who were so wrapped up in their dysfunction and sh!tty marriage that they didn't teach their children how to cope, how to function, how to interact. Overbearing and manipulative. They controlled everything even food - when you could eat and what you could eat as long as the boys lived with them. Raise kids in fear and hostility they end up addicts uh DUH. End up with anxiety and other mental and personality disorders - DUH. End up being King Babies who don't know how to handle life DUH.

If my husband would allow it his mother would instruct us how to wipe our butts at 51 and 47(I wouldn't allow it myself). I do like her tremendously - however, I am beyond weary of the daily fighting and dysfunction (on their side of the street not mine), and I sometimes imagine knocking her sideways in her inability to see SHE is causing it. Grrrrrr. To add insult to injury she has never done anything wrong in her entire LIFE.

Its a freaking shame parents don't' have to licensed. Our population would be much smaller.