Daily readings

Old 02-03-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Daily readings

Quote/Sharing linked page - Baton Rouge Al-Anon

Please add a link of your favorite daily readings.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I try to read the al-anon daily readers when I remember (for some reason I have a hard time making time for them) but I usually get my daily reminders from other sources. I also follow some really positive quote oriented people on Twitter. @FamousWomen always has a few really good gems everyday.
"What you allow is what will continue."
"If you want to fly you have to give up the stuff that weighs you down."
"Even when you're afraid, keep trusting."

I also follow @DalePartridge who is a recovering alcoholic and entrepreneur.
"Never let your fear decide your future."
"Humility is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less."
"Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Also, I have been finding for the last few months that a lot of stories and articles from entrepreneur and business focused outlets are shockingly similar to those of recovery/addiction. I cannot tell you how many articles I've recently read from Entrepreneur and Fast Company and Forbes about letting go of trying to be a perfectionist, getting toxic people/employees out of your life/company and I have seen a few of them post this addiction cartoon now (THIS ANIMATED SHORT CLEVERLY REVEALS THE TRUTH ABOUT ADDICTION AND IT'S DEVASTATING). I'm in the business world and I think until recently I have been very blind to the parallel between workaholics and substance addiction and how many seemingly "perfect" and hugely successful people are plagued by addictions.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
Quote/Sharing linked page - Baton Rouge Al-Anon

Please add a link of your favorite daily readings.
Sorry this is a bit off topic but when I saw "Baton Rouge" my heart stung a little. I was born and raised 45 minutes west of there - missing my family!

Take care...
Old 02-04-2015, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I am a fellow "Louisiana Girl" too
From a little closer to the Texas line

whoop whoop for Louisiana Recovery instead our normal "Party State" fame!!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My last position was ruled by a minute detail micromanager and a workaholic that teamed up in a sick way to make work only about work. No comraderie. No joking. No lunch away even on your birthday. It was all work and every situation trumped up to be a crisis one of them would save'. Absolutely toxic soup.

Those two individuals helped me detach and not take things personally. I used to love to tell them, 'maybe we should not do anything. Maybe we should wait and see what happens.' Oh my did that fry them. I used to tell the micromanager that the project was so big and convoluted that even if he DIED the project had a life of its own! And he hated that I was telling the truth!

I finally learned they were sick. I was maturing and didn't want to waste my energy being a martyr for a job.