Another step towards healing

Old 02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another step towards healing

I knew my AXBF cheated on me at least once during our relationship, and I strongly suspected there were other times. I have been worried about STDs. Today I went to a local community health center and got an HIV test. It was nerve-wracking (and it's still not fully reassuring - there's a little bit more time where it could still turn positive) but it was negative. The counselor was really nice and sweet and very non-judgmental.

I made a gyn appointment so I can get tested for the other stuff, too.

It floors me that I tolerated his behavior with the potential consequences it had. I was so blind. Never again. I'm worth more than that.

PS - still seeing the guy who made me chicken soup last week. We've been hanging out and so far it's going really well. I enjoy his company and he is very sweet and attentive. I like him and he likes me. But both of us are complete, functional, even HAPPY people on our own. I've also been out on a couple other first dates and one second date with other people, too.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you really are healing

That's good news all around Que--thank you for sharing
Old 02-02-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make shre to ask for the herpes one. It is usually a desperate test that you have to request.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gyn exam went fine. Blood and gonorrhea/chlamydia tests pending - results Monday. Really liked the PA I saw. She'll be good for my gyn care until the time comes to start a family (someday, I hope). After that I'll have to switch because I don't like the hospital system she's affiliated with (massive, impersonal).

Still seeing the chicken soup guy. He's great and treats me well. He has his own stuff to deal with right now, and it's his busy season at work. I see him as someone with true long term potential. I think he'd like to be exclusive, but he seems to understand that I'm not ready for that yet.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good job QS! I just read my post and didn't realize all of the spelling errors. Hope you got the gist anyway....
Old 02-07-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HMA View Post
Good job QS! I just read my post and didn't realize all of the spelling errors. Hope you got the gist anyway....
Ha! No worries - I totally understood!
Old 02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by QueSera81 View Post
I think he'd like to be exclusive, but he seems to understand that I'm not ready for that yet.
If he is really "in to" you then he will wait!

Wishing you all the best and happiness.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, but so happy that you are taking such good care of yourself!!
Old 02-16-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All my testing was negative and totally normal, so that's reassuring.

Still seeing chicken soup guy. We're having a lot of fun. I met a few of his friends last week and he'll meet a few of mine this week. We cooked dinner last night and it was just so easy and natural (and the food was delicious). I just love talking to him and getting his perspective on things - often different from my own but really enlightening and informed.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So happy for u that test results were good!