Pray for me

Old 08-11-2004, 08:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Radar

Pray for me

Pray for me guys. Football season is coming and that is serious drinking time. This time he leaves. I cannot put up with it for 6 more months. I know this doesn't seem serious to those of you with more serious problems but believe me, I don't have a husband during football season. I have a rabid fanatic fan that sleeps, eats, lives, and breathes football. And drinks a whole lot of beer. He can put away a case of beer on a Sunday.

Every year it's the same. Hours spent on fantasy football, and the new NFL channel, and the internet. Hours spent on Sunday and Monday nights watching game after game and now he wants Tivo. He'll record every one of them and watch them over and over. He's not only addicted to alcohol, he's addicted to football. He gets smashed and passes out in front of the blaring TV or the computer. He screams and yells and jumps up and down and is so drunk, he doesn't remember the game.

An example for those of you who know football, he has been a Rams fan for 35 years. In 2000 they finally went to the superbowl after being the joke team for years. They won in the final seconds. He was so drunk, he doesn't remember the game. He had been waiting 35 years for them to go to the superbowl and can't remember the game because he was drunk!!! What an idiot!

The closer it gets, the more paranoid I get. He hasn't been drinking much, only a couple of bloody mary's on his days off but I just know it will change when football starts.

Down with the NFL!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Kari))
I use those times to get involved with the things that I like. Even when Mr Magic is doing alright, he still gets involved with things that don't include me. I go to more meetings, call more people, go to dinner or lunch with friends. I have gotten to the point where I enjoy the time we have together, and realize it isn't always going to be like that. When I am at those times where he is unavailable, I tell myself "This too shall pass." Hugs, Magic
Old 08-12-2004, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kari, it does sound a bit extream, his involvement in football. Are you saying you plan to ask him to leave you altogether or just for football season? Have you made a plan or reviewed your situation with a neutral person? I agree with Magic, more meetings, Alanon calls, and support are needed in these weeks leading up to the season. This was you will be in a stronger position when the madness begins. YOu are in my prayers.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Ward is into ALL sports which is fine with me. I find other things to do...in fact I now I have so many options that THAT has become a problem! Oh gee...do I come here? Read in bed or in the tub? Do I make plans with a friend or take a walk with the dog? Personally I find it much more freeing than if he always wanted to be with me.

Hugs,
JT
Old 08-12-2004, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kari!

I might have suggested that you watch some games with him, but it doesn't sound like the football is really the problem if he's too drunk to watch the games himself. I like watching football with Dino. Actually, I like watching Dino watch football. It tickles me when he jumps straight up of of his chair and hits the air with his fist. However, it's never been an event that called for intoxication with him. I can imagine how maddening it must be.

Hugs AND prayers,
Smoke
Old 08-13-2004, 07:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kar-
It's funny, I was just thinking this evening about the Dread of Football and Basketball Season being upon us!
Every game, every sportscenter, every pre and post game second are vital as well as the beverage intake. Big screen, HGTV, the whole 9. My ALO says "Sunday is Sports Day". There is no reprise after the superbowl either -then there's NBA. Heaven forbid you turn off TV while he is passed out on couch in front of it b/c that will awaken him when nothing else would!
Yeah, I dread it every year & NFL is so boring for me to look at. Sigh....Sometimes I join in by hosting a small get-together with fun snacks and things to eat. Us girls hang out in the kitchen or outside on the deck while the mens cluster around the tv. It's nice having the personal time, but it can get frustrating to have half the weekend ALWAYS cut off as well.
I agree with JT, plan ahead and do your own thing. I've also found that the grocery store/shops can be way less crowded during game-time, so that is a plus.)
~Red