kids are hurting and I am hurting

Old 01-31-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I feel like such a sh!tty parent. I should have never let it come to this.
I know that feeling. Ride it out if you have to. Then remember that you never chose this. And that it took a tremendous amount of strength to get to where you are. So remind yourself that you are amazing. Because you are.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I know that feeling. Ride it out if you have to. Then remember that you never chose this. And that it took a tremendous amount of strength to get to where you are. So remind yourself that you are amazing. Because you are.
Actually I was seeing a psychotherapist. Not mine. He was my ex's first. We saw him together once. My ex quit him. I continued. The guy said to me, you did the best that you could with the tools that you had, but they are old and outdated, I am going to give you a brand new set of tools, try them out, see how they work for you...............
Old 01-31-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I am sorry I missed all the previous posts. I have been moving the past couple of days, and haven't been online.
I just wanted to add my support and best wishes to you and the kids.
A lot of alkies just don't get the issues we have with them. Mine thinks that I object to his drinking. I actually object to how his personality has morphed into a dour, mean person from the sweet guy he used to be.

And this is the point here with your husband: he has changed.

Keep coming back!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm gonna be me tonight... I'll go be yoda tomorrow... but tonight.. I need to be niki... ugh. I just feel like I'm gonna have a panic attack. Monday is going to be here very soon
Old 01-31-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Wow! That's too funny--you look EXACTLY the way I'd pictured you.

And your partner there looks pretty nifty, too.

I'm glad to "see" you, but maybe for safety's sake you'd be better off not posting your picture? Just in case?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks Niki, you are so beautiful and so is your daughter. Thanks for the pic

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

amy

It really is nice to put a pic to a person. I'll have that embedded.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL, OK, you're way ahead of me.

Yeah, be you for tonight. Once you switch it back, you'll be under the cloak of invisibility again.

Oh, wait, that was Harry Potter. Light sabers, wands, wouldn't it be nice to have one?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Maybe you are right Lexi-- although the AH is technologically incompetent... doesn't mean that there aren't fellow NE folks on here. You are right! As usual
Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

ah yes! Harry Potter ain't got nothing on the almighty FORCE! Spells schmells- the light saber would knock that spell into oblivion!! Ha!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Yes, this is my youngest daughter. She is the bright cheerful soul that we all love. Always a cheerful smile in the face of adversity!

I always joke about her parent teacher conferences because I know they will take the least amount of time (when you're trying to plow through 5 conferences, time is always an issue). She always has straight A's, she is always the light of the classroom, never has a behavioral problem, and is always the teachers fav!!
yep, she takes after momma alright.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Dam, thought I had a good computer. Was going to post my pic, and my house and cats. Oh well, maybe Tuesday.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Ok- enough fun for one night-- I better do this exam before I fall flat on my face.

Thanks so much everyone...I really would be lost without my laptop and SR.

I know this is doable (sorry I keep saying that-but I HAVE to) and I just need to pull my big girl panties up and finish the damn race.

For people like us, it is never easy....but when I have friends like you, it is bearable.

HUGS to all of you. You guys are the best!!!!

Oh Monday--- please take your time.

I'm making an appointment with the T for ALL of us as early as I can next week, so I think that will help the kids. I'm starting to see some behaviors tonight that lead me to think I may see some meltdowns soon. But they have that right. I just need to respect that and do the best I can to be there for them. I know I won't have the answers they are looking for, but I have loving words and a warm hug.

Wish me luck on this exam-- I'm not even close to prepared...but oh well. Better just to get it done and over with.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
Dam, thought I had a good computer. Was going to post my pic, and my house and cats. Oh well, maybe Tuesday.
I would adore seeing a pic of you Amy!! So if you ever can, I would love to put the face with the name!! I mean, if you're comfortable enough with sharing.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I remember teacher parent conferences. They always asked me why the h3ll do you come here, your kids are doing great. But it's so nice to hear, isn't it !!!!!!!!!!!!

She really is beautiful. You are doing such a good job.

((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
amy
Old 01-31-2015, 08:05 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Go knock them dead with this exam. I know you can do it. Did I tell you today how awesome you are????? Luv ya.

amy
Old 01-31-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

just wishing u a good restful night from work. u did great today.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Free...WOW! and that doesn't begin to cover it. I just signed on and read everything...OMG. I thank God you have all these folks here, your grandparents, and your wonderful children that love you so much.

Time to get rid of this SOB, for your safety and that of the kiddos.

I really don't have anything to add except to say you are a wonderful woman and mother and I'm praying that God protects you and the children from this man who has lost his mind.

Big, tight, bear hugs girl!
Old 01-31-2015, 08:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hugs Hugs Hugs

Free i am sorry it came to this, but not surprised. I'm glad he is in jail.

Tomorrow locks changed for sure.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Somewhere upthread you asked when is it going to get better. By doing what you've done that's starting. He's responsible for the situation he's in. To keep the theme of all of my posts, I'm glad you and the kids are safe. You're doing a great parenting job under circumstances I can barely comprehend. Kudos to you!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gonnachange View Post
Somewhere upthread you asked when is it going to get better. By doing what you've done that's starting. He's responsible for the situation he's in. To keep the theme of all of my posts, I'm glad you and the kids are safe. You're doing a great parenting job under circumstances I can barely comprehend. Kudos to you!
Yes. This. Once he is gone for good and that cloud isn't hanging over your heads, that's when it starts. My youngest son absolutely blossomed once we were away from his father (sad but true). I can hardly describe the change in him.
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing the next right thing. This transition time is exhausting and chaotic for everyone, but it does get so much better.
So glad you're safe. Big hugs.