Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I think I engaged in a big way and now I'm so hot under the collar

I think I engaged in a big way and now I'm so hot under the collar

Old 01-31-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Always keep in the back of your mind that everything you put in writing (text and/or email) can be used in court.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

M- I know how frustrating they can be, and you bit. Just like an A, you get back up on the horse and try again today.

I read this one SR a while ago, hoping that it might make you feel better. It does for me!!

"Be patient!! The one thing I know about jerks like your husband, they will screw up!! Be patient. It might not happen as fast as you would like it to, but I can guarantee you, he will screw up!!!!!!!"

Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Good for you, for not responding this time.

See? You ARE making progress.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am making progress
Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh my, this guy could provoke anyone into losing it over text. Playing the hero...that always gets me going too. Is agree though that the best way to get to him is to answer with detachment. Now only if I could get good at that...
Old 01-31-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Be careful putting it in writing..... That could bite you on the bum in a custody wrangle.

No judge is going to read those words and accept "but he said, but he asked for it "

And I just read cynical ones post, so double whammy.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
Always keep in the back of your mind that everything you put in writing (text and/or email) can be used in court.
Oh yes it can! My ex was the same way! And he would bate me every time! Until finally he took me to court and used our texts and emails to "prove" that I was keeping the kids from him and how hard he has been trying to be a good father... And get this, he changed words, dates, omitted parts of our conversations, and used messages out of context. AND THE JUDGE BOUGHT IT! I had to go to counseling!

Well, 7 years later and he hasn't changed. Say it with me, whether I stood by him and crumbled in guilt, or actually let my mouth fly, he hasn't changed....

I began to prote t myself. I changed my phone number and joined a third party messaging system called "Our Family Wizard". $100 per year per account. He wouldn't join, so I paid his. The next year he took me back to court and tried to get it court ordered that I wasn't allowed to use this system for messaging. I turned it on him... he he he.... I said, "your honor, with this system, we are fighting much less"... which was true. And I had proof because all I had to do was hit PRINT! And he couldn't tamper with anything! Well, he did manage to make it to where we had to find a different system that was free. The judge left that burden up to him. Four weeks later, my ex did nothing of the sort. He claimed he couldn't find one.
I found one in 15 minutes and we've been using it ever since. He has since tried to bate me into being FB friends or chatting on the phone, even using my daughter's phone which I pay for to talk to me! Manipulative *******!!!!
I told him, "keep trying to twist things. You will NEVER again be able to intimidate me or lie about me in court. And eventually, the truth about your behavior will prevail."

The new free system we use BTW is called "CoFamiles". I live in Cali, U.S. and it is completely legal for me to use this system without a court order. Protect yourself...