Why do I even try?

Old 01-31-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Ah, yes. Nobody else can hurt or be sick worse than AM. I have three autoimmune disorders, and when they first one nearly killed me, she was more than happy to use me to get sympathy from people (hellooo attention!), but treated me like absolute **** at home. Why was I so lazy? Don't I know that she has a headache (hangover) and that it's the worst EVER, so stop complaining? Nevermind that I weighed 99 pounds and needed 32 pills and two shots per day to stay alive. Why did I make myself sick? Was it to get attention because SHE was sick? (Again, hungover). No matter what, she always had it worse. Always. Are you sure you're not my aunt? Lol
Old 01-31-2015, 11:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Child abuse hits every kid differently. My mom was the oldest of 7. A rageaholic father who had 3 different families (physically, emotionally and I suspect sexually abusive, he was one of those men who OWNS his family, they are his property). My grandma (his second wife) was 16 when my mom was born, he was 30. All the kids show the effects differently. My mom suffers from paranoid schizophrenia. My aunt, 11 months younger, her only sister, suffered from paranoid personality disorder. She had cancer and passed away in 2003. Of my mom's 5 brothers, one suffers from bipolar disorder, one from paranoid schizophrenia, two are alcoholics and the youngest, who didn't grow up with my abusive grandfather, was a total manchild.
Interesting footnote, the manchild grew up very quickly after his wife was diagnosed with MS and his 4yo son (he's 9 now) had to get a (benign) brain tumor removed within a year of one another. Now he is Mr. Responsibility. Totally takes care of his family. Stepped up and never looked back. Funny how stuff ends up sometimes.