He relasped

Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

(((HUGS)))
So sorry Free.

Thinking of you
Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I remember when the blinders fell from my eyes and denial was no longer an option. For me it was the real start of recovery but it sure didn't feel very good. I'm sorry.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Free, I mentioned in your parking lot/math test thread that I was cheering you on even though I didn't know your story...now that I've read about all this stuff you went through YESTERDAY...I am astounded at your strength to move forward and take that test and feel good about it. Wow!

Like the others, I'm sorry your family is going through this. So painful. You clearly are paying attention and are doing your best to make the right choices for you and your son. Still rooting for you...
Old 01-29-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I just wanted to add that it would be to your benefit to save all the texts to be used when you start legal proceedings. If you need a protective order, or if you file legal separation papers, they will bolster your position.

Also - don't reply in writing.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Free. I know the feeling. I still get sad seeing my x-abf when I drop the kiddo off or he picks him up. I feel sorry that he 'could' be such a good guy if he wasn't so consumed by the need to drink. But, it really is what it is.

Really, this relationship has done a real number on me. The work definitely didn't end when the A moved out. I am realizing how much work my son and I need in the aftermath. It is quite a destructive disease. And you're right about the resilience thing with the kids. While they can be resilient, it doesn't mean they should be put in the middle of such an unhealthy situation.