SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I signed the lease (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/357861-i-signed-lease.html)

lizatola 01-28-2015 06:31 AM

I signed the lease

That's it. That's all I have to say, LOL!

You guys are shocked right?

CodeJob 01-28-2015 06:33 AM

Congratulations Liz!

dandylion 01-28-2015 06:35 AM

Liz....no, I am not shocked at all...LOL!
I knew that was what you wanted to do.

dandylion

Yurt 01-28-2015 06:35 AM

(Huge round of applause)
I remember when I took that step myself and felt so empowered afterward. I knew that I was on the right path.

I will be in the area next month for the Renn Faire. Is this something that you take in?

suki44883 01-28-2015 06:37 AM

:c011:

hopeful4 01-28-2015 06:47 AM

YAY FOR YOU!!!!

There is peace in your future my friend! Proud of you!

FireSprite 01-28-2015 06:48 AM

<<<<<<<Standing Ovation>>>>>>>:c011:

:You_Rock_

Florence 01-28-2015 06:49 AM

:You_Rock_

:a122:

lizatola 01-28-2015 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 5166590)
Liz....no, I am not shocked at all...LOL!
I knew that was what you wanted to do.

dandylion

No, I mean shocked that I didn't write a novel for my post!

lizatola 01-28-2015 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Yurt (Post 5166591)
(Huge round of applause)
I remember when I took that step myself and felt so empowered afterward. I knew that I was on the right path.

I will be in the area next month for the Renn Faire. Is this something that you take in?

I don't even know what it is, LOL! So, probably not.

Funny thing you guys.....I think I might have to move the big stuff out on Valentine's weekend! I have to travel the weekend of the 7th and most of my friends who can help can only do it on weekends. I will be moving small stuff in starting next week!

lillamy 01-28-2015 07:21 AM

Yay!!!! Good for you!!!!

Jupiters 01-28-2015 07:28 AM

congrats! and good for you liztola!

Florence 01-28-2015 07:37 AM

Funny thing you guys.....I think I might have to move the big stuff out on Valentine's weekend!
Ha! A couple of years ago, I spent Mother's Day alone with the kids and put together a cast-iron bed frame without any instructions. It was a metaphor for life.

Also? I really enjoyed it. I was making big changes, I wasn't worrying about my ex, and it all felt great. I hope you have a VERY HAPPY Valentine's Day this year... moving out. ;)

Sotiredofitall 01-28-2015 07:44 AM

Liz...get the stuff that is most important for you first. Whether its paperwork, mementos or what. Just saying, you are changing the game for him and don't know what his response will be to that. Be sure to cover your needs. Hugs as you move forward~!

Katchie 01-28-2015 08:08 AM

awesome!!! On top of your big decision you sound pretty happy...yay you!!!

ladyscribbler 01-28-2015 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by lizatola (Post 5166675)
I don't even know what it is, LOL! So, probably not.

Funny thing you guys.....I think I might have to move the big stuff out on Valentine's weekend! I have to travel the weekend of the 7th and most of my friends who can help can only do it on weekends. I will be moving small stuff in starting next week!

I did my taxes last Valentine's Day. It was actually very liberating, being my first v-day since the end of my relationship. No drama, no stress, none of the craziness that used to go along with any "special occasion." Just me and my Turbo Tax.
Then I used the refund as a security deposit to rent my little house.
Good for you Liz.

LexieCat 01-28-2015 08:44 AM

WTG, Liz!! So happy for you!

firebolt 01-28-2015 08:51 AM

WHOOHOO! Happy for you!

MsPINKAcres 01-28-2015 10:08 AM

That's a huge step ~

For me, I spent my first nite of freedom - Thanksgiving night ~ 2008 ~ sleeping on a blow up mattress I borrowed from my Mom in my new little apartment.

It was absolutely wonderful.

To this date ~ my best Thanksgiving in my entire 50 yrs of life ~

Wishing you the best!

big pink HUGS (hope, unity, gratitude & serenity)

lizatola 01-28-2015 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sotiredofitall (Post 5166725)
Liz...get the stuff that is most important for you first. Whether its paperwork, mementos or what. Just saying, you are changing the game for him and don't know what his response will be to that. Be sure to cover your needs. Hugs as you move forward~!

I did most of that already and have stuff in a storage facility. I've been sleeping in the spare room anyway and will be sleeping on a futon when we move until I get settled in and can find some decent used stuff on craigslist or on FB garage sale pages.

Thank you everyone for the support. I met with a new lawyer today. I liked her and she was really helpful and supported my decision to leave the home, she gave me honest timelines, told me when and how I'll be expected to pull up my big girl panties, etc. The biggest help she gave me was in understanding a few nuances of AZ law and a few misc. questions I had. Still not sure if I'm going to use the mediator, but the mediator I spoke to the other day is actually a lawyer and been in practice for 20 years so she has experience.

For now, I have 2 ways I can go. I know my rights and my responsibilities. I know what I'm in for and I just pray that we can work it out in as short an amount of time as possible.