making preparations to leave.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

making preparations to leave.

I can't just pick up and leave this second. I need to get our finances seperate. We have a joint account. Just today I have opened and account with USAA in my name only and when I get to work tomorrow, I will switch my direct deposit over to that. I will also have to switch my car payment over to the new account and the insurance. I will have to open up my own cell phone. I will have to figure out if my parents will let me live in the house I grew up in which is presently unoccupied. If they don't let me do that, my plan is sort of ruined. I hope they will let me. I don't plan on immediate divorce. Just need some time to get my **** together is all.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck. I will pray that your parents will do that for you, especially since the home is unoccupied. You need support, and I hope you have the kind of parents that will give that to you.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry you have to do this. Good luck! It will all work out!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hope they will let you! It sounds like you are doing good preparation work. I am not planning to leave just yet, but have made amendments to my direct deposit so 10% of my paycheck goes onto my pay card that AH doesn't have access to. I know it's not much, but depending on my sales could be a pretty good chunk. I just wanted to do enough that he won't notice, and we don't have a joint acct, so I really still have access to all of my money.

Good luck with everything
Old 01-27-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck to you! Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row. Do you have all the paperwork out of the house (social security cards, birth certs, insurance docs, etc)? If not, I urge you to do that. If you don't want him to see your mail open a PO Box.

Praying your parents come through. I work in insurance, homes hate being vacant, and insurance companies hate vacant homes, so maybe that could work in your favor.

Hugs.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oooh, I just responded to your other post -- this looks like a good step towards feeling like you have more control over your life. (((hugs)))
Old 01-27-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is great news...i mean, not really, but the fact that you are taking care of YOU is commendable!

you are doing something that I don't have the guts to do yet. I admire you sooo much. You have no idea!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just read your other post, Terp. That is really GOOD you are making moves to get away. I hope it feels a little bit good that you've made some progress removing yourself... getting your own bank account and direct deposit = VERY GOOD START! If the unoccupied house doesn't work out, is there any way you could at least go to a decent rent by the week hotel for awhile to help settle your brain? I really do feel for you!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I understand how unnerving it is when you are trying to make plans to leave (especially if you haven't broken the news yet). When I was in this same place (almost a year ago), I made a list of things that needed to be accomplished in order to make the move. I was seeing a counselor at the time that told me that doing all of these things did not necessarily mean that I had to go forward with the separation, but it did give me a sense of accomplishment; that I was one step further along on my path. After I made the list, I tried to accomplish at least one thing each day that would allow me to check off each item. I opened a PO box, opened new checking accounts with money I obtained from selling off some jewelry, scouted for places to live...etc. Each day, a box was packed (just organizing and cleaning), important papers were copied, and an inventory of personal items was noted (what am I going to take with me, and what am I willing to leave behind).
All of this gave me something to think about, rather than agonizing over whether I should or shouldn't leave. Deep down, I knew it was going to happen, but I couldn't face it until it was "time." My T gave me the tools to give myself permission to make progress before I settled on my decision. All of this allows you to feel like you are doing something, even if you have to wait on someone else's timeline.