Omg he is all over FB kissing another woman

Old 01-26-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Jodie- Oh Jodie!!!

Do you remember a few weeks ago when you couldn't even pull yourself up out of bed to go to WORK? Well I do. I remember it well because I told you to pull the curtains back, let the sun in, throw on some make-up and get the heck out of the house!

Girl- you got this!! If you are going to go through and look to see WHO was "liking" the pics on FB, then you need to STOP THE MADNESS!

You are giving CONTROL over to THIS guy??? Even if he found some GREEK GODDESS, it doesn't matter- he LOST the best he ever had when he lost YOU. And now...and NOW Jodie, you need to pull yourself up, dust yourself off, stand in the mirror and look at what a strong vibrant woman you are. You are going places and YOUR life, Jodie, YOUR life is beginning anew, whereas he has just moved on to the next thing that crawled and didn't talk back.

He was SUPER lucky to have you for as long as he did, and HE has LOST- not you.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Jodie,

I know how you feel. I was married for over 27 years. With him for 25 1/2. When he started to run away from home, I couldn't even think about things, or talk about things. I was so stuck in what is wrong with me? I was still like that even after the divorce. Then I found out that he moved in with his girlfriend. Then I found out who his girlfriend was. Someone he worked with for over 15 years. Then I thought about all the times he "disappeared". Most likely had an affair with her for at least 3 years, from when she was divorced, that I never knew about.

It hit me really hard the day I found out. This was someone that I met. When he would run away from home, he told me he slept under his desk at work. Uh huh. During our divorce, after we sold our home, he said he gave an apt #. It was a UPS mailbox. He was living with her then.

So I was in shock even long after my divorce. It took me a few days for the shock to wear off.

Then I thought. that SOB, lying cheating, bastar......, and I got angry, and I used that anger to help me get better.

Could you ever go back to him now? Think about it. With all that stuff on facebook, with knowing how he treated his first ex, the Miami one, you. He was abusive to you. He will be abusive in any relationship he is in.

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
I do know the pain that you are going through. It really does get better. The only way it would get worse, is if you went back to him.

amy
Old 01-26-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
I just can't emotionally grasp all of this
Maybe not yet... But you will. I had a bf who wasn't an addict of any type, but narcissistic nonetheless. We were on and off for 6/7 years??? Anyway, I cried soooo many tears over him. HE was my addiction. Did you know that break ups are particularly hard for codies? After him, I grew a little more and learned a little more. And THAT is helping me today with my recent xabf.
Also, I finally got the upper hand and told him a solid, GOODBYE and have never looked back! And I know this man is going to think on me for the rest of his life. It was his choice.... and now I am FREE!!!! Free to be with someone who treats me right and who deserves me, and free of all of his nonsense! Oh the drama! I do NOT miss it one bit!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I would NEVER ever everrrrrr take him back after this, but he's 100% not coming back anyway. It's all been so perfectly orchestrated with the Greek family and community.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Jodie, please don't think about it as if he is never coming back. Think more of it like you can never in your life be treated the way you were treated. You deserve so much more. Everyone here sees what a beautiful person you are. When are you going to see that?

(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
amy
Old 01-26-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Jodie.. Im so very sorry you're having to go through this. Im Armenian so I'm very familiar about the close family unit that your Greek ex has, but honestly it means nothing. He needs his ego stroked and he's currently getting it from this girl... but his true character will soon show through. He can't hide this forever. He is a self absorbed, jerk to the core! He cares about himself first. Even if they are together for a while don't romantsize the relationship. He will always do what is best for him, regardless if she's the same nationality as him!

Ive called off my relationship with my xabf 5 months ago and after 2 months i also saw on FB pictures of him with his new GF that he now lives with! I know the pain you're feeling and it hurts so bad.. i know!! Its going to hurt for a while, but in the mean time be around your family/friends and keep yourself busy. You will heal with time and i know it doesn't make you feel better to hear this, but honestly be thankful you don't have to deal with this kind of man. He would of caused you a lifetime of pain and anxiety. Hugs!!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OK, so you WOULDN'T take him back. That's a great start.

It doesn't matter who walked out on whom. What matters is that he treated you like crap, and now he's gone. You can have a fantastic future and leave him in the dust.

I predict that within a couple of months, you'll be posting to newcomers about how bad you USED to feel but that you now are doing much, much better and realizing how much better life is.

IF you take care of yourself and work to transform yourself into the confident woman inside.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

You are going to make it, girlfriend.

Promise.

Just pick better next time.

And send us Facebook Pix.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Girl, he's done you a huge favor. This other woman gets to be his verbal punching bag and deal with all the nonsense that comes with him. There is no happily ever after with an active alcoholic. Don't think for a second that they have a healthy loving relationship. It's just as toxic as the one you had with him. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Up early Jodie gotta be on set - I am a makeup artist too.

I hope today is a better day. One of the things that has helped me is to read about other people's stories on here - it helps to know you aren't the only one.

((((hugs))))
Old 01-27-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jodie77 View Post
A few months ago he texted me he would die without me.

Now this.
With or without you he's going to die.
Nobody makes it out of this life alive.

It's a new day. Time to leave that monkey and his circus alone and start workin on your own.

Gonna be rough, but the longer ya sit in the boo hoo's the longer it's gonna take to start healing.

When I stopped living in the problem and began living in the solution, amazingly, the problem went away.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:33 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Jodie, be glad that got out of this now, there is nothing attractive about being tied to an egotistical drunk with 3 kids and a smothering, enabling family riding shotgun, with their noses in your business. Where is the children's mama and why does he have them? Poor kids!
He might have had this new model picked out in advance by the family, it's all about him and his issues.
Really, be glad you are off this train of craziness.
you have self respect, ethics, morals and the dignity...you can much better with a real normal man who treats you with the love and respect you deserve....and has no baggage.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Just be thankful that you didn't have children with him.
A big, loud AMEN to that!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I hope you are feeling better today Jodie. I know it's tough right now, I know you feel like you probably can't even breathe.
Stop looking at FB. Just stop. Stop obsessing over the family. I hate to say it, regardless if you were *close* with them, at the end of the day...it's HIS family and they will side with him. It just is. I've been there. Family is family.
Given his history and pattern with women, he is going to majorly screw that up anyways with the Greek Goddess or whatever she is. Mark my words. He will be burning bridges sooner or later with that one. It's inevitable.

Take a deep breath.
It's time to take the blinders off lady
slowly, but surely. You can do this.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I am literally sick over this. I can't sleep. I wake up heart racing. I feel so betrayed.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

So have you made a counseling appointment for today?
If you are feeling that bad, you really need to actively take control of the situation.

Make a call and get started.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I think you need to talk to someone ASAP as well. Time to take affirmative action for YOU.
If you don't have a counsellor, I would take some time today and find one. Whatever you do, do not sit in a pity party and keep giving him that power. This guy is not worth it, the sooner you start clearing the cobwebs the better off JODIE will be.
Trust me.
*HUGS*
Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My dearest Jodie

It is not your heart breaking -- it's your ego. Your ego (disease) is attached to this person through an unhealthy dependency.

This guy left his wife and 3 babies for a "chick in Miami", never worked a true program of recovery, and you are surprised he did this to you?

When we choose people we don't stop and listen to that Little Voice (God) that tells us
"Gee, this might not be a very good idea." We jump right in because there are things we want for ourselves that fulfill one, two or all of the 3 basic human instincts of life: the sex or romance instinct, the social instinct, and the financial instinct.

Now, I believe we all know what we see in the beginning but we go right ahead anyway.

The great thing here is you know the 12 Steps are available for you if you want to heal and change these patterns. Never mind him. God removed him from your life for you so you can recover.

Recovery isn't about judging ourselves.
God isn't judging you, He loves you.

Forget all the melodrama about Greeks, images your ego has conjured up about them having sex, and what other people 'think'. That's our disease running us over.

There is a solution available to you if you're really tired of the drama and are earnestly willing to do some work.

You will know your worth and your attractions will change.

I'm available to talk if you're tired of the pain.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Jodie, if you feel betrayed, imagine how the mother of his 3 children felt. Please get over this jerk.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

How does he drop me like a one night stand after 5 years....and allow people to post photos of them kissing? Is he without conscience?