Well that was an 'exciting' evening

Old 01-25-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well that was an 'exciting' evening

It never ends does it?? DS had been complaining of a stomach ache earlier. Got him to take a warm bath, Afterwards he was curled up in the rocker in the kitchen while I was making a meatloaf. Proceeds to throw up on the kitchen floor (better than carpet!!). AH who is drunk watching tv right across the island in the living room starts gagging and runs out of the room. At least he made it to the bathroom.

So I get DS into the bathroom and cleaned up. He's asleep in his bed now with a big pot. Then I clean up the kitchen, clean up the bathroom and burn some incense

AH comes back after a while, passes out on the couch, starts swatting at imaginary somethings, I try to rouse him to get him to bed and he starts bawling, pushes me away and does the shuffle off to bed. I go in the room and he's hysterical so I gave him a forehead kiss and left. He's asleep now.

Wow...actually something must be working because I'm ok and I even have some compassion for how ****** life must be being an alcoholic in such a bad place.

Not that I'm fixing it for him....in case you were worried
Old 01-25-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oops sorry for the curse....
Old 01-25-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Considering the circumstances, you handled yourself quite well. Detached from your currently intoxicated spouse in a loving way, and managed to get your poor sick son to bed! I hope your little one will be feeling better in the morning, and I hope you can get some sleep tonight!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Poor boy got up for a little bit, had some water and then was sick again. They already called early dismissal tomorrow due to snow. Between him being home and that they called early dismissal I won't be able to go to my meeting tomorrow. I really am making a commitment to myself to go twice a week. My life works better when I keep my focus in the right place.

Still a bit astonished that I actually detached 'with love' - lol...now on to the next challenge. Seeing just how much of the bed he has hogged and am I sleeping on the futon instead? My own boundary is that if I get any pushback for space or blankets when I get into bed I take my pillow and leave. He is a wacky sleeper sometimes - even if not intoxicated - and if it appears as if that's the case I'm out.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hugs to you and your little guy. Mine always manage to barf all over the bed. I've had to miss my daytime meeting with the little guy home sick. Maybe just cuddle up with some nice hot tea and a daily reader instead.
Hope you can get some rest tonight. Here's some extra (((hugs))) in case you can't make your meeting tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by walkinganewpath View Post
My own boundary is that if I get any pushback for space or blankets when I get into bed I take my pillow and leave. He is a wacky sleeper sometimes - even if not intoxicated - and if it appears as if that's the case I'm out.
My XAH used to even take my pillow. From under my head. While I was sleeping. Selfish ******* ***** he was.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hugs, hope you and the little guy got some rest last night.

Sounds like a pretty sucky evening, but you handled it awesomely.