Question about meetings

Old 08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Question about meetings

HI,

I have not drug myself to a meeting yet, but finally feel like I REALLY WANT TO GO TO ONE. I checked out the alanon site for my area, but there are so many different types of meetings. I dont know where to go? None of the meetings within the next couple nights say Beginner, but I really want to go, tonight if possible. Can I go to any one meeting?
Thanks,
Sarah Elizabeth
Old 08-10-2004, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Sarah,

As long as it's not a closed men's meeting, you should be able to go to anyone you want. And it's ok if it's not a beginner's meeting. All groups welcome and encourage newcomers.

I hope you find a meeting tonight!

Hugs,
JG
Old 08-10-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Thanks JG.
Well, I tried...but there was no meeting at the church that the website said it was at. Its such a let down, I started crying when I couldnt find it. I just really wanted to go tonight. I am just in a not very good mood. I am kind of at that point where I am just ready to give up on him. I havent heard from him in days, dont know if he is alive or not, and quite frankly dont think I care anymore. Its so exhausting to live like this. I tried to call my mom to talk (which means I AM completely loony), but she is busy with her wonderful son, who never dates the wrong people and can do no wrong. She said she would have to get back to me in September. Now that I have had a little pity party for myself, I will move on!
Sorry for the ranting,
Sarah Elizabeth
Old 08-10-2004, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
believer

(((((Sarah Elizabeth))))))

OMG, did your mom really say she would get back to you in September? No disrespect to your mom, but what an awful thing to say!

I am so sorry there was no meeting. I have had that happen to me before and it is such a let down, as you said. I've been through a few MIA days recently w/Jack too and its such a hard thing to deal with, not knowing where they are or if/when they're coming back. You did the right thing by trying to go to a meeting, I just wish one had been available for you.

Maybe there will be one tomorrow - don't give up!

Hugs,
JG
Old 08-10-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Yeah, mom is a winner like that, she has very little concern for anyone other than herself....
I did find a meeting listed online for tomorrow and will drive till I find it !! I hope it will help. JG, thank you for your response, I think I needed to hear from someone! You have made me feel better.

Sarah Elizabeth
Old 08-11-2004, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Sarah Elizabeth))
I am sorry that you didn't get a meeting last night. Keep trying. Some meetings on those listings are old and the group may have moved. Once you find one, the people can help you get connected, and tell you what meetings might benefit you the best. Of course you will have to decide that for yourself, but at least you can find them and check them out. Don't give up. Reaching out is hard, and sometimes it feels so scary, but it is worth it. We are here for you. You aren't doing this alone. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-11-2004, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

elizabeth - maybe an online meeting if you can swing it in case you don't find a meeting to go to - i have not tried yet, but just another option

hugs - cwohio
Old 08-11-2004, 06:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((SE))))

Don't give up til you find that meeting or any other meeting!!!

Your mom....WOW...I'm sorry. NOT a reflection on YOU, girlie!! Dont' ever forget that. Horrible reflection on her as a person and a mother. Forgive her for her inadequacies and failures and let it go. Dont' let it impact your recovery, sweetie. (my mom is the same...it sucks)

TV