Something a Little More Positive and Filled With Gratitude

Old 01-22-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something a Little More Positive and Filled With Gratitude

Hello, my SR Family:

I joined this site just before New Years because of my AXBF, with whom I share a 6 year old son. I'm not going to go into detail about that, because this post is not about him. It's about YOU GUYS.

I have noticed a great change in myself since talking with you all. At first I was sad and depressed, and I just so wanted him to be sober so we could have a normal family life for our son. I thought I was all alone in ym confusion and pain, and I questioned whether I was sane, or if I was really being abused, or if I should stick it out, hoping that he really would change THIS TIME. Well, he didn't, and he won't. I learned this from reading all of your posts.

I have been on an extreme emotional roller coaster this week. I think a lot of that has to do with this forum. I don't have a computer where my son and I currently live (ALONE! WITH OUT THAT A-HOLE!). I found myself getting really sad about what I thought SHOULD be. Once I was able to spend time here with all of you, I felt MUCH better. Still bitter, still angry...but that's good, because it strengthens my resolve to keep him the eff out of my life, and my son's life.

Sometimes I get frustrated with newbies, because I have come so far, and I see their struggle and just want to tell them what their future holds. Then I remember when I first joined, and how I was taken aback by some responses I received. I try to remember that when talking with new people.

Anyway, I'm about to leave work...but I just wanted to thank each and every one of you. You have helped me more than you'll know, and I am extremely grateful to have found this forum.

Love to ALL!!!!!

Renee
Old 01-22-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. It's a process and we all start at the beginning. I'm glad you're hanging in there.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I still actually consider myself a real newcomer here and I know I frustrate the HELL out of people here...but I'm STAYING!

I'm glad you are here with us!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Back at you, my Sister.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm a newbie too... And it is sooo refreshing to read, empathize, sympathize, learn, help, and know that I am amongst friends. This site has helped me immensely!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NB, we are you SR family!!

Glad that you are here and taking one day at a time!!

(((((((hugs)))))))
Old 01-23-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone! This makes being sick at work not so bad! I also find it so healing to help other people going through the same hell <3