OT: I'm sick, and it's making jealous of my cat

Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
OT: I'm sick, and it's making jealous of my cat

Saturday I came down with a stomach virus, which morphed into a series of migraines, which then led straight into an Apocalyptic style menstrual cycle which apparently plans on lasting until the actual Apocalypse.

I'm desperate for money, but I turned down work today because I'm afraid I might drop children. I don't know what I'll do tomorrow.

I'm hungry, I'm dirty, I'm tired, I'm poor, and I'm lonely.

Florence Nightingale did not reincarnate into my daughter. Don't get me wrong. She love me. She did bring me crackers and ice chips. But I kinda think she secretly wishes I'd crawl out into the woods and "accept my fate".

My STBXAH kindly ran a soup run for me. I specified I wanted the Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. No imitation would do. He tried to sneak some sorry substitute past me.

That bastard.

Of all the things he's done. This is the worst. The unforgivable soup sin. Now I really want that divorce.

Worst of all my cat just lies there. On the sofa. On the bed. Mocking me. Living the life that I want to live. "Hey. You. Woman. Rub my belly." "Feed me." "Move your butt. I want my butt to be where your butt is. So move it." My cat weighs 20 pounds. In my weakened state, when he forces the considerable heft of his fuzzy @ss against me, it's like being strong armed by the mafia.

I hate my cat. I love my cat. I'm terribly jealous of my cat. I think I have a dysfunctional relationship with my cat.

I'm so tired. So very, very tired. All I want to do is curl up with my cat and sleep.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your misery and pain today, but I had to lol at this post SK.

I've felt jealousy toward my cats as well.... especially at 5 a.m. when it's freezing cold out and I have to climb out of my warm bed, shower and leave for work as they're laying in MY bed, curled up and warm, and staring at me like I'm disturbing their serenity.

Ungrateful creatures!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love you. And I feel very sorry for you and wish I could swing by with some REAL Campbell's.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SeriousKarma....do you know what I "hear" as I read your post?

I hear "Serious Karma needs to be nurtured!". "I need MY turn to be cared for". "I have a right to be attended to by those that I attend to".

Of course you do, Karma! In healthy interdependent relationships...this is how it works. We are all interdependent (whether we think so , or not).

I suspect that Karma does more giving than receiving. I suspect that more goes out than comes in.

That is what I "hear".

dandylion
Old 01-20-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh honey. Let it all out. Selfishly, I really enjoy reading your posts. But I do sympathize and send hugs as well.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
"I have a right to be attended to by those that I attend to".
Yeah! Darn tootin'.

Thanks Dandy.

You know, it didn't go past me that the main person I could count on was my STBXAH. That cuts both ways. It's nice that he was able to help, and that we have a pleasant relationship, but it frightens me that I have so few connections in this town. It brings up a lot of the insecurities I'm dealing with the "where's" and "how's" of my future.

I don't particularly like this city, and would really like to move in a year or two to a city that suits me better, but if I have this hard of a time dealing with a little series of small illnesses like this, in a town where I at least do know some people, how would I handle moving someplace where I knew nobody? What if I got seriously ill?

God know the cat's useless.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You deserve real campbell's.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh gosh... that's so terrible to feel so terrible. But I am CRACKING UP at your busting him for the soup AND the cat! I can so relate (to both!!) LOL.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. If only you lived back in the Bay Area, Google Express would deliver you REAL Campbell's soup within a few hours. In truth, it's who I rely on when I need something from a store but am not in a state to go get it myself. Thank you technology!

Sending you warm hugs and crossing my fingers that someone gets you the GOOD soup soon!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The soup is definately a deal breaker.

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
But I am CRACKING UP at your busting him for the soup
Oh, I didn't bust him, Refiner. I smiled politely and thanked him while eating that shameful sham of a soup.

But I documented everything. I saved the can. I didn't even wash the bowl! It's in a safe deposit box under a false name.

Just wait for the mediation. I'll show him. HA!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. If only you lived back in the Bay Area, Google Express would deliver you REAL Campbell's soup within a few hours. In truth, it's who I rely on when I need something from a store but am not in a state to go get it myself. Thank you technology!

Sending you warm hugs and crossing my fingers that someone gets you the GOOD soup soon!
Are they using drones yet? How cool. Hot soup delivered by drone. Might be hazardous to the people walking underneath, but I don't care. I'm sick.

(Actually, now that I'm feeling better, what I really want is the Chicken Salad from Chef Chu's, or a burger from Clarks. Mmmmmm. I'm hungry.)
Old 01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There's definitely a niche market there for someone who goes around and picks up takeout from places that don't deliver and drive them to the homes of people who are sick (or, as in my case, lazy).

Maybe I'll start that food delivery service?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There's definitely a niche market there for someone who goes around and picks up takeout from places that don't deliver and drive them to the homes of people who are sick (or, as in my case, lazy).

Maybe I'll start that food delivery service?
Or single moms that just want some ice cream but their kids are already asleep for the night.

I use Google Express at least once a week (this way I never have to haul in anything from Costco, it's all dropped at my front door for me, woohoo!), although there are no drones, just regular people. I also use to use a food delivery service (Grub Hub was my favorite) that would pick up food from any restaurant. It was awesome!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

When sick, drink fresh juice. Suja makes a great cold-pressed juice.

I brought a friend some fresh juice i made today, and in the morning he scoffed at my juice. Later this evening, he said, I need some more of that super juice.

Works wonders!!

I have to admit when I saw the title of your post, I was thinking, who would be jealous of a cat. After I read it (and some of the replies), it made me SMILE.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Karma, I hope you feel better soon! I did have to laugh at your post because I could relate to it so well. Sometimes there is humor in our moments of suffering and if we can find that we can make it through hope you can take a hot bubble bath put on some comfy jammies and eat Campbells chicken noodle soup in front of a good movie!