update on al ex gf

Old 01-19-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on al ex gf

Hey everyone, I thought I would post this, My ex girlfriend was spotted panhandling in the next city and she had a sign that said homeless need money, My friend later on today saw her in a park where she is "living" in a tent. Its so sad how low she has come down to. She was the girly girl now she is just a bum homeless So SAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

True dat. Prayers for you both.

But Remember -- she is NOT a damsel-in-distress, and you are NOT the hero/knight?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damsel_in_distress
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm waiting to hear that about my ex as well. It's tragic, but it's their choices that have led them there. There was a time when help was readily available and they chose not to accept it.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is so sad, She did have 6 months of rehab in Florida last year and Came back to my house, now living on the streets. I pray for her every night that she stays safe and gets help before its to late
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So sorry. That must be awful knowing she is living like that. Hope you are taking care of yourself.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vttodd View Post
Hey everyone, I thought I would post this, My ex girlfriend was spotted panhandling in the next city and she had a sign that said homeless need money, My friend later on today saw her in a park where she is "living" in a tent. Its so sad how low she has come down to. She was the girly girl now she is just a bum homeless So SAD!!!!!!!!!!!
I am SO GLAD you got away from her!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Although very sad and terrible, these are all her choices. I'm glad you are not to be in contact with her legally, or you might be tempted to help/save her from herself.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When I thought my ex had hit rock bottom – he just picked up a shovel and kept on digging. It is sad to watch someone you loved deteriorate into their addiction.

I hope that when you say your prayers at night you also include yourself for the continued strength to stay strong and not interfere with her life choices.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My alcoholic ex-fiance is heading down the same path. At this point, his father (severe alcoholic) is still enabling him and allowing him to live in his basement, but if things don't turn around soon, I see a very bad future ahead.

It is sad, I know that so well. Especially when we know, at one point, we would have done everything and anything to help if they would have just made a serious move toward recovery.

Letting go is so, so hard. I've had to block everyone that has anything to do with him because I just don't want to know. I won't even do things with friends that were friends with us both because I don't trust anyone not to bring him up. Eventually I'll get back with those friends, but at this point, I have to protect myself. I can't know what he's doing at this point while trying to heal. Part of me being able to really work on letting go is by not knowing a thing that is going on with him. I felt too personally responsible for him.

I'm not the most religious person in the world, but at one point I literally fell to my knees in wracking sobs and told God that I was putting him in His hands because I just couldn't live with the guilt and fear of what he was going to do anymore.

We can't save them. We all wish we could, but we can't, and it's never for lack of trying because God knows we've all gone way beyond the call of duty to try.

Only they can save themselves. Take care of yourself... wishing you strength and peace.
Old 01-20-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank guys!!! It is sooooooooooo sad how she has turned out, Yes I cant have contact because of a false charge she said I did but she made her choice and now has to live with it. I still care and pray for her every night but SHE has to make the choice to stop drinking !!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Let Go and Let God.