I have a question

Old 08-10-2004, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have a question

I want to know if I made a bad decision not to go to band practice because tonight is a lead where i go to AL-Anon meetings. I though about it for a couple of days and I decided that I am going to the meeting tonight. I called my band director but got her answering machine so i left a message that I will not be a practice tonight. I do not know if she is mad or not. I felt like it was a good decision but now I am not sure it was. I am not going to practice because last time we had a lead I had band and i could not go. this is just practice. I think i followed my heart so why do I feel I made the wrong choice. I am going to the meeting and that should be it but i feel guilty about not going to band practice. It just one practice and that is all. maybe she wont be mad but Ia m not sure. I little confused rught now at my decision.
Love,
Shana, 18
Old 08-10-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey Shana,
Whenever I make a decision between two things that I want to do, I have to let go of the one that I decide not to do. I have learned that I can only do a certain amount of things at a time. It's not a matter of right or wrong, just human limitation. If I don't make decisions, however, I don't get to do any of those things. Be proud of yourself for being able to make a decision and do something that is good for you. Don't beat yourself up for it. Hugs, Magic
Old 08-10-2004, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Shana-

I think it looks like you are taking your recovery very seriously!!! That is very good! For us recovery needs to come first. However, probably there is more than one meeting around town and you could consider looking for another one if your schedual conflicts sometimes with your home group meeting.

Don't worry about band practice you can practice at home too. At least you called and said you would be absent. Just don't loose what you have with band cause I know you like it too. We need to do things that develope our talent and also honor our commitments to ourselves and others.Perhaps you could ask if any new sheet music was handed out or what sheet was practiced so you can be sure to practice what everyone else played.

Go to the meeting and you will see and hear what you would have missed had you not gone. I think the confusion will pass.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Hello Shana

If the meeting is what you feel you needed... the meeting should be your first choice. If meetings are helping you stay healthy, you are doing something for the band as well. They are getting a healthy band member who has clear thoughts *Smile*

Maybe see if there is a meeting time that won't conflict with band and you can have both things?
Old 08-10-2004, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I know i made the right choice. I know that I can pick other meeting but this one is having a lead and that is why I want to go. Next week I will be attending a new meeting because of band so I am only missing one practice. I guess that is okay with me. I'll try not beat myself up about my decision and i know that I will be seeing and hearing a lot of what i need so i am glad i am going. Thanks again.
Love,
Shana
Old 08-10-2004, 11:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

shana - you are taking steps at an early age!!! That is fantastic and if only some of us had taken that step. But we are all here and helping each other - you sound like you are committed and that's wonderful!

go girl! cwohio
Old 08-10-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Update I went to the meeting and I am glad I went. I learned a lot tonight. It was worth it missing band practice the next couple of weeks I will be going to other meeting and going to band. I did make the right decision. I will stop beating myself up now.
Love.
Shana
Old 08-11-2004, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

((Shana))