Bargaining w/or blaming God?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I believe God will give him the power to take control of his addiction, not do it for him.
Absolutely. In my experience, God doesn't work like the "genie in the bottle" just as you said, Katchie -- God gives you an opportunity to show his power.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is what people do when they don't really want to change or do anything, but they want all the bad stuff to go away. It isn't limited to God or alcoholics.

I spent years wishing my life was different. “You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
Old 01-19-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Waiting on God seems like another delaying tactic with this guy rhetorically.

Sorry to be so blunt Katchie, but he has a storyline for pretty much everything, doesn't he?

Maybe God is waiting on him to act in his own life and save his family life and himself?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Waiting on God seems like another delaying tactic with this guy rhetorically.

Sorry to be so blunt Katchie, but he has a storyline for pretty much everything, doesn't he?

Maybe God is waiting on him to act in his own life and save his family life and himself?
No apologies necessary. I see right through him at the moment. He is still actively drinking and has the bruises to show it. He hasn't made a single move to begin recovery and instead would like for me to do the research and make his plan for him -- I will not. I have done my own homework for my own recovery to begin and I expect him to man up and do the same for himself. If he loves this family, that is what he will do. If he loves his God, that is what he will do. If he loves himself, that is what he will do. I have let him know that if he does not recovery, continues to drink and white knuckle it I will leave. I love my home, it is beautiful, but I don't love our material possessions more than I love my God and my family. I will cut this cancer out if necessary because that is what my God requires of me and that is what my children need to see modeled from their mother. I have SUCKED as a mother in the past because of my denial of this situation that has only worsened with time. My fear has paralyzed me when I should have been doing what I am now a long time ago, but I was not mentally in that place. I was weak.

I thank God for you folks at SR who have helped me find my spine and unction I didn't know I had.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Bravo Katchie. You have come a long long way in your own recovery my friend. I am very proud of you.

Originally Posted by Katchie View Post
No apologies necessary. I see right through him at the moment. He is still actively drinking and has the bruises to show it. He hasn't made a single move to begin recovery and instead would like for me to do the research and make his plan for him -- I will not. I have done my own homework for my own recovery to begin and I expect him to man up and do the same for himself. If he loves this family, that is what he will do. If he loves his God, that is what he will do. If he loves himself, that is what he will do. I have let him know that if he does not recovery, continues to drink and white knuckle it I will leave. I love my home, it is beautiful, but I don't love our material possessions more than I love my God and my family. I will cut this cancer out if necessary because that is what my God requires of me and that is what my children need to see modeled from their mother. I have SUCKED as a mother in the past because of my denial of this situation that has only worsened with time. My fear has paralyzed me when I should have been doing what I am now a long time ago, but I was not mentally in that place. I was weak.

I thank God for you folks at SR who have helped me find my spine and unction I didn't know I had.