And Now Xah Has Hired Our Daughter Her Own Lawyer

Old 01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I like what Florence said. I will get on it.

My meeting with the psychiatrist seemed good. He was exceedingly thorough. We went through my marriage story in detail 1992-2005. We take up in a few weeks. He wanted to know everything. He did warn me that everything was for the children's benefit, not mine, and that anything could be used in court.

He had tears in his eyes at the end. And he hasn't heard anything yet.

It is tough because they can hold it against me that I stayed in that abusive relationship. He was incredulous that I had a fourth child after xah was getting drunk and violent. Then I explained the circumstances of my pregnancy and that's when he got teary-eyed.

Hopefully when he hears how difficult it has been to get free of xah he won't hold it against me that I stayed for as long as I did.

It was funny. The court brought in a translator, but I hardly used him. But the translator was totally on my side and used words that were even more sympathetic to me. So the psychiatrist said afterwards that I really don't need a translator. And I asked to keep him. It is nice to have someone so solidly (less professionally) rooting for me.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is insane that they can keep it against you that you stayed in an abusive marriage. Insane, I tell you. The court system there (as here) seriously needs some educating.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
I like what Florence said. I will get on it.

My meeting with the psychiatrist seemed good. He was exceedingly thorough. We went through my marriage story in detail 1992-2005. We take up in a few weeks. He wanted to know everything. He did warn me that everything was for the children's benefit, not mine, and that anything could be used in court.

He had tears in his eyes at the end. And he hasn't heard anything yet.

It is tough because they can hold it against me that I stayed in that abusive relationship. He was incredulous that I had a fourth child after xah was getting drunk and violent. Then I explained the circumstances of my pregnancy and that's when he got teary-eyed.

Hopefully when he hears how difficult it has been to get free of xah he won't hold it against me that I stayed for as long as I did.

It was funny. The court brought in a translator, but I hardly used him. But the translator was totally on my side and used words that were even more sympathetic to me. So the psychiatrist said afterwards that I really don't need a translator. And I asked to keep him. It is nice to have someone so solidly (less professionally) rooting for me.
The highlighted section pertains to one of my favorite sayings, "there are no victims, only volunteers." You are still in the thick of it, and it can be hard to see when you are in the thick of it. You/we/me have much more power than we realize we do. Healthy folks don't get why people stay in abusive relationships because it is always a choice. It can be the choice between several bad options, but it is still a choice.

You are so strong and I am sure that you will get over this hurdle too. Glad you talked with a psychiatrist and he understands your situation.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Florence you are definitely a Spit Fire!! I love that you tell it like it is!!

Some of us enablers here need a dose of that some times!!

Have a great weekend my SR Family!!!
Old 01-17-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OOOOOps, Hopeful4... slip of the fingers on the keys.... You are lively and contemporary to me, not "vintage"...

Pippi, great news about the psychiatrist.

ShootingStar1
Old 01-17-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I have been thinking about who to send an update to and possible ramifications. Still trying to mediate with that nutcase...

And then if/when I go ahead, to whom do I communicate? Family members, doctors, neighbors, therapists, lawyers...Could this get me in trouble? Do his lawyers call slander?

Thanks so much for your thoughts and support!!! One good thing to come from all this trouble is that I've had to reach out to so many people, and in the process I find myself with more support, friendship and connectedness to wonderful people than I've ever had probably in my life! Blessings to you all
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pippi,

Would it be possible to use Google docs or a similar service to keep all information, event timelines, public transcripts, etc. that can be accessed by those who are relevant to the case? Maybe two different sets of docs, one with more detailed set of info for a smaller set of people. Of course, consult with your lawyer. If it's feasible keep to facts rather than emotions.

You've come so far! You and your kids really are going to be alright. (((Hugs)))

Not sure if you realize it, but I believe you give back as much strength and support to us as you get!
Old 01-18-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

He had tears in his eyes at the end.
Pippi, initially you posted here that viewed the judge's order for family psychiatric evaluation as a disaster, judge hates you, judge wants to take away your kids, etc. My point is that you have a tendency to view new developments through the worst possible lens. In this case, your ex can pay anyone he wants. Your daughter is under absolutely no obligation to respond to or speak to any lawyer of your ex's who attempts to contact her. Breathe.

As for the debit card, I hope your daughter is using it, at the grocery store.