For those you have divorced

Old 01-16-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone,

Seems like there are not too many sentimental people here, and I can understand that. I left the house, and was only able to make 3 trips back to get my stuff. I didn't take any of the furniture. I really don't know what I took, and it makes me sick to even think of opening up those boxes.

I did get gifts. Waterford crystal, and jewelry. The gifts started when I told him that I am no longer accepting the "I'm sorry" thing. Might keep the waterford, but all the jewelry is going. Just don't know if I should ask my daughter first or just sell them for the gold. He didn't really buy me anything that expensive, the one that he did pay a little more on, a necklace from fortunoff, I already gave that to my daughter in law. I did get 2 rings from tiffany's, just silver, may let my daughters have those. I have no sentimental value attached to my wedding bands (2), or the engagement ring that he finally bought me after we were married for 2 years.

I did take the pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Those I use. I have no bedding stuff, only my pillow. I bought all that stuff new.

I took all of the pictures, (because when I went to the house to grab my stuff, and I saw the stuff he was throwing out, I didn't want him to throw those out), so for the past 2 Christmas's I have been getting tin cans, and giving my children about 100 pictures of their childhood. I think they really appreciate getting those a little at a time.

Christmas ornaments, I bought all new ones, I still have the old ones. I've been going through those and any with sentimental value I have been dividing them between the kids. The rest will be donated.

T shirts. I probably have at least one container filled with these. You know the ones where you go to a concert or an amusement park, you buy one. Should I use those for rags, or should I donate them? I have enough T shirts now that are filled with better memories.

Knick Knacks, I kept all of those because that was a sign of victory to me. I was not allowed to put things on my walls or shelves when I was married, after the gifts no longer worked for me, then he would allow me to put up a shelf and display these. I knew he hated them everytime he would walk in the room. So I took them and the shelves, and I will be putting them up as a sign of victory. I live in a cabin and they are animal figurines, so they fit in perfect.

Divorce papers, will keep the final divorce decree. All the other papers, about 6 inches of lawyer stuff, trying to get him to submit documents, well I think I will use that paper to start my wood stove.

Wedding dress goes out. Any article of clothing that he bought for me, or liked on me, or touched, goes out. (Donated)

Thanks, you just made this so much easier for me.

So...... T shirts? donate? or use as rags?????

((((((((((hugs)))))))))
amy

PS If I get stuck again, will ask for more help
Old 01-16-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

With the pictures, I always had 2 or 3 sets made of them. This year I will make a stack for me to keep, then keep dividing the rest.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'd donate. Then go into the same store and buy rags by the pound for like $2. That way both you and the donation facility get benefit twice and they can be your new rags....:-)