got an agreement

Old 01-15-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

got an agreement

Finally got a child support agreement done. Signing tomorrow. Praying all goes right. But now he is making threats saying i will get what i deserve, things happen unexpectedly, life changes on a dime....he was drinking a little but i am getting nervous. He says i have backed him into a corner and there are recourses for that. Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like a lot of quacking. Breath deeply and take one moment at a time. It sounds very familiar around here.

Just keep sight of what's healthiest for you and your family.

Do you feel threatened and has he been abusive?
www.thehotline.org and 911 if you at all feel the need.

(((Hugs)))
Old 01-15-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel guilt and I know I shouldn't. I think its from all the manipulation I've been put through. He is really going to be broke but I didnt make his poor choices for him. He did. I know that. I just have a bleeding heart. My emotions are still on the roller coaster ride....I just want it to stop. Praying for strength and stability in my mind.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by weezer77 View Post
I feel guilt and I know I shouldn't. I think its from all the manipulation I've been put through. He is really going to be broke but I didnt make his poor choices for him. He did. I know that. I just have a bleeding heart. My emotions are still on the roller coaster ride....I just want it to stop. Praying for strength and stability in my mind.
I've heard others say that speaking positive affirmations to themselves helps to remove those negative thoughts. Perhaps give it a try?

You're doing such a fine job. I admire your strength even though I know you're not feeling very strong. But we all know you are because we walk in similar shoes. I want you to know I will be praying with you -- hugs.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Katchie, exactly what I was thinking. That works very well for me, even when I at first didn't believe the phrases I was saying.

Weezer, one day I spent over an hour saying positive affirmations out loud to myself. I started each with "I am capable of" since that didn't require action or commitment. There was no failure implied if I don't do these things, simply knowing I AM capable of them and kept saying them whether I believed them or not. Each negative thought I accepted and then transformed it to something positive.

May you have peace and good sleep tonight and good luck tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you today.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

he is making threats saying i will get what i deserve, things happen unexpectedly, life changes on a dime....
If he is making these in writing, please give them to your lawyer. That's one tiny step away from stepping over the line to criminal threat.