Venting to myself....

Old 01-13-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Venting to myself....

I wonder if there are others on this site that vent to themselves. Like this morning on my walk - I really let my AH have it. All in my head of course, but still - I let him have it. It sure did feel good to blow off some steam. When my walk was over I felt better and deep down was glad those words never left my mouth because they sure were nasty and mean. I admit that I do this often, sometimes pleading with my HP to take this from me and bring me to a better place. After my walk I took a moment to say the Serenity Prayer a couple of times and was able to carry on without issue. I love this program!
Old 01-13-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Knowthetriggers....I do it all the time. The only thing for me is that I do it out loud...when I am where no one can see or hear me...LOL!

dandylion
Old 01-13-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Knowthetriggers....I do it all the time. The only thing for me is that I do it out loud...when I am where no one can see or hear me...LOL!

dandylion
I must admit - ME TOO!!! LOL
Old 01-13-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I like to do that in my journal or in writing that I tear up or burn.
something about getting all that out that is so cleansing ~

For me, keeping all those feelings & emotions bottled up is toxic for me - it tends to come out "sideways" and that's not pretty at my house! lol

hope you have a pinkful day!
Old 01-13-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All the time.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to write long letters where I tore AXH a new you know what. And then I never sent them. It was a brilliant way to get the anger and pain out.

Oh -- and someone here (I forget who) took that one step further: She gathered rocks and wrote words on them, feelings and burdens she wanted to get rid of. Then she hiked up a mountain with the rocks in her backpack. At the top, she threw those rocks as far as she could... and then she hiked down, many pounds of burdens left there at the mountaintop. I always thought that was such a beautifully ceremonial way of dumping old baggage!

Last edited by lillamy; 01-13-2015 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Adding a paragraph
Old 01-13-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post

dandylion
Me too!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I do the same thing when walking or driving - but I also say it out loud. It does help and you're right that they are things that I "really" don't want to say - counterproductive - but it feels good to get them out of myself

Old 01-13-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yep, I do the same. The hard part is to NOT keep that dialogue going on all freaking day in my head. To say it, then to let it go. It's the let go part I have troubles with.

Yeah, walking and driving.....I wonder how many people I know have caught me in the act of venting that way on said walk or drive, lol.