Briggs Myers test mock poll

Old 01-13-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Location: The planet Earth, or at least that's what I've been told.
---
Old 01-13-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Location: The planet Earth, or at least that's what I've been told.
Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I talk to an extremely talented medium regularly. Have you seen Long Island Medium? She's EXACTLY like her, exactly as accurate. She validates me & as time goes on I need less & less of that because I trust my own instincts/intuition/interpretation more. I go in for regular energy tuning with a reiki healing circle & have met others who's experiences make mine look like KDG compared to the college grad. I've found that by opening up to new activities (reiki, crystals, past life regressions, etc.) I meet amazingly in-touch people & I learn so much.

I say, "It's not that I just starting hearing voices in my head, I just started LISTENING to them!"

I also have a lot of prophetic dream activity.
I see a psychic sporadically and she really helps me as well. I think it helps me to be around other people who are like me because I feel more accepted and less freakish (validated as you said).

I do most of my spiritual work on my own - meditation, prayer, letting go rituals. It would probably help for me to join groups like you do, but I have issues with trust and I'm not sure I would be willing to share that side of myself with a group of people. Although doing so online feels safer to me because of the distance! Thanks for reaching out Fire. I appreciated you sharing your experiences with me
Old 01-13-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

ENFJ

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.
That's me: super codie
Old 01-13-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
ENFJ

Would you like for me to sew you a cape with Grumpy Cat embroidered in it? (I'm ISFP - an artist lol).
Old 01-13-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Intj
Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Another INTJ here.

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Yikes! I Googled "Judging vs. Perceiving" since my preference was so distinct. I was relieved to find this at the Myers Briggs website:

Do not confuse Judging with judgmental, in its negative sense about people and events. They are not related.

The following statements generally apply to me:
I like to have things decided.
I appear to be task oriented.
I like to make lists of things to do.
I like to get my work done before playing.
I plan work to avoid rushing just before a deadline.
Sometimes I focus so much on the goal that I miss new information.

Whew. My mind first went straight to "judgmental" which I am trying very hard not to be. "Judging" on the other hand is definitely me. Orderly, organized. Hopefully, however, not controlling with those habits. Also working hard to let go of my controlling tendencies. A work in progress, definitely.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
ENFJ

Welcome to the club!
Old 01-14-2015, 05:03 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
mry

INFJ

I'm surprised there are so many of us on the board when there are supposedly so few in the population.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Whenever I take this test, I am ALWAYS an NF - "Idealist". It seems the other two categories change for me, because I'm on the boarder. I'm boarder E/I and boarder P/J. My feeling category is the most unbalanced with feelings being at 75%.

Usually, my result is INFP (idealist/dreamer) .... In this test, I'm an ENFJ (giver/mentor).

The ENFJ description interesting says, "they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people"
Old 01-15-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

ISTJ The Inspector.
Fits me to a tee
Introvert 67%
Sensing 75%
Thinking 12%
Judging 89%
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Interesting.

INFP - "The Healer" and I am a nurse. Makes sense.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

The following statements generally apply to me:
I like to have things decided.
I appear to be task oriented.
I like to make lists of things to do.
I like to get my work done before playing.
Oh this is sooooo me too. And I definitely am trying in earnest to get over the "judgmental" habits that I have too.

It's so interesting to me how changing just one of those letters in the combination changes the dynamics and traits that someone has.

I want to be an ESTP, sounds way more fun than ENTJ!

ESTPs are energetic thrillseekers who are at their best when putting out fires, whether literal or metaphorical. They bring a sense of dynamic energy to their interactions with others and the world around them. They assess situations quickly and move adeptly to respond to immediate problems with practical solutions.

Active and playful, ESTPs are often the life of the party and have a good sense of humor. They use their keen powers of observation to assess their audience and adapt quickly to keep interactions exciting. Although they typically appear very social, they are rarely sensitive; the ESTP prefers to keep things fast-paced and silly rather than emotional or serious.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I found the following site to help determine your child's type:

Parenting by Temperament: All about our Temperament Tests(Sorters)

And did it for DS and it sorted him as an ESFP. I don't know how accurate it is for everyone but the description for ESFP in the book Nurture by Nature - Understanding Your Child's Personality Type and Become a Better Parent is DS to a T. He has a slight preference for extraversion, a clear prefence for sensing, a strong preference for feeling and perceiving. My beautiful, caring, full of wonder and energy child.

I suppose since the sorter had me answer for what I thought applied for DS that I could have skewed it with how I see him and he may answer differently when he's older. ....

BTW, I completely see myself as a child in the book's description for INTJ kids, too.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:50 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
I found the following site to help determine your child's type:

Parenting by Temperament: All about our Temperament Tests(Sorters)

And did it for DS and it sorted him as an ESFP. I don't know how accurate it is for everyone but the description for ESFP in the book Nurture by Nature - Understanding Your Child's Personality Type and Become a Better Parent is DS to a T. He has a slight preference for extraversion, a clear prefence for sensing, a strong preference for feeling and perceiving. My beautiful, caring, full of wonder and energy child.

I suppose since the sorter had me answer for what I thought applied for DS that I could have skewed it with how I see him and he may answer differently when he's older. ....

BTW, I completely see myself as a child in the book's description for INTJ kids, too.

Fun! DD came up as ENFJ.... same as me!
Old 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Enfp
Old 01-16-2015, 05:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

DS7 ESFP slightly extroverted, strong on the others The Performer
DS10 ISTP strong on each The Craftsman

I am INTJ. Maybe I am not reading them right, or maybe they really are so different from me. I will try asking them some of these questions, just to see if they would answer differently for themselves.