Briggs Myers test mock poll

Old 01-13-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

For me, the Myers-Briggs is more a general than specific tool. It's not that I need to know what my coworkers or family members "are" according to M-B -- but it's helpful to know that people are different in these ways...

I know I sound like an idiot, but really, it IS helpful. My family is a group of Js -- except one kid who's an extreme P. I thought there was something wrong with her. She'd always take 20 minutes choosing a piece of chocolate from a box of chocolates. She'd always agonize about every decision. And the rest of us would stand around tapping our foot going "decide already!". Realizing that she's just wired differently made me more patient with her.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
torquemax777

My results seem strange:

E- 1%

S- 1%

F- 12%

P- 11%

The test said I was so marginal I actually fit into every category, and am almost neither extroverted or introverted. I don't feel "balanced" though, so ???

Anyone else get low numbers in all areas like me?

Didn't like the career suggestions for me though; acting, fashion designer, teacher, fitness trainer.... Im more like an overweight out of shape tomboy who has been mistaken for a lesbian.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Isfp
Old 01-13-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Infp
Old 01-13-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by auroraxborealis View Post
INFJ
Introvert 67%
Intutive 25%
Feeling 25%
Judging 67%
Another "Counselor" here, though more in the moderate to slight percentages. But hey does two of us in the 1 - 3% on just one board mean something?

Introvert 33%
iNtuitive 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 22%
Old 01-13-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Location: The planet Earth, or at least that's what I've been told.
Infj
Old 01-13-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jarp View Post
I'm certified in MBTI and love it as a tool.
So in your example, you are very certain you are an introvert. If you score was 'less' it would mean you are not as clear, and at an extreme that you might feel you fit both preferences. Your 100% score means you know your preference for introversion very clearly! Not that you are Super introverted!
LOL. OK. That makes sense. Because, as evidenced on this board, I have no problem talking (writing). Thanks for the insight, Jarp!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

INTP
Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(62%) Perceiving(44%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

I see changes with aging. Both T and P percentages have dropped from the long-form MB-administered testing at work during the 80s. I had to take it 4 time then... ugh. Also, I has gone from 1% to 100%... probably due to more seclusion in retirement.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Another "Counselor" here, though more in the moderate to slight percentages. But hey does two of us in the 1 - 3% on just one board mean something?

Introvert 33%
iNtuitive 38%
Feeling 12%
Judging 22%
ok - I'm a IIFJ too

Introvert 22 %
Intuitive 62 %
Feeling 25 %
Judging 22 %

hmmmmm ~ very interesting!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Interesting. Firesprite, dandylion, and I were all ENFJ.

My scores were VERY high on extrovert vs introvert and high on judging vs perception.

You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (78%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)
Old 01-13-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I'm having to much fun with this. Here is a link that 'names' the types.

16 Personality Types
So, mine says an ENFJ is a teacher and here's the positive traits:

E(extrovert): Outgoing, energetic, warm, and communicative
N(intuitive): idealistic, imaginative, forward-thinking, visionary
F(feeling): compassionate, sympathetic, ethical, and humanitarian
J(judging): Organized, authoritative, dedicated, and ambitious

Nice to know that an online test knows me so well, LOL. Of course, my AH wouldn't agree with the communicative part, haha! Not so sure how much weight I put on these things because certain situations can always be interpreted differently depending on the circumstance.

It's fun to play around with it, though, while I sit here and eat lunch.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

ISFP - The Artist

Yep, this is very accurate!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

ISTP the craftsman. Accurate

Jennifer
Old 01-13-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

People with the INFJ personality type tend to be good listeners, compassionate and good at giving advice. Which is probably why I respond to threads and offer advice more than I ask for it.

INFJs also tend to be the most intuitive. We can understand a person and a situation with very little information beforehand. This is very accurate of my personality. I often get senses about people without really understanding why, and I'm pretty good at reading their intentions.

Our type also is the most likely to be "psychic" - which is not something I usually share with people, but I have had a lot of psychic events happen to me that actually shook me up a little because I didn't know what was happening. I tell these events to people I trust, because most people don't believe it and will accuse me of lying.

Just curious if any of the other INFJs have had any "intuitive" experiences. I hope I'm not the only freak
Old 01-13-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Isfj
Old 01-13-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chantal88 View Post
Just curious if any of the other INFJs have had any "intuitive" experiences. I hope I'm not the only freak
I've have/had a LOT of them, but I'm ENFJ.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I've have/had a LOT of them, but I'm ENFJ.
Makes sense. ENFJs are pretty much the same as INFJs but more extroverted.

Do you confide with anyone about it? I wish I could talk about it more with people.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Makes sense. ENFJs are pretty much the same as INFJs but more extroverted.

Do you confide with anyone about it? I wish I could talk about it more with people.
I talk to an extremely talented medium regularly. Have you seen Long Island Medium? She's EXACTLY like her, exactly as accurate. She validates me & as time goes on I need less & less of that because I trust my own instincts/intuition/interpretation more. I go in for regular energy tuning with a reiki healing circle & have met others who's experiences make mine look like KDG compared to the college grad. I've found that by opening up to new activities (reiki, crystals, past life regressions, etc.) I meet amazingly in-touch people & I learn so much.

I say, "It's not that I just starting hearing voices in my head, I just started LISTENING to them!"

I also have a lot of prophetic dream activity.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

People with the INFJ personality type tend to be good listeners, compassionate and good at giving advice. Which is probably why I respond to threads and offer advice more than I ask for it. INFJs also tend to be the most intuitive. We can understand a person and a situation with very little information beforehand. This is very accurate of my personality. I often get senses about people without really understanding why, and I'm pretty good at reading their intentions. Our type also is the most likely to be "psychic" - which is not something I usually share with people, but I have had a lot of psychic events happen to me that actually shook me up a little because I didn't know what was happening. I tell these events to people I trust, because most people don't believe it and will accuse me of lying. Just curious if any of the other INFJs have had any "intuitive" experiences. I hope I'm not the only freak
I was watching Intervention a few weeks ago and the subject, a 20-some-year-old, carried around a teddy bear. I kept thinking to myself, something happened to her when she was about 4. Well something traumatic did happen to her, but when she was 5. Or something similar to that, I don't remember specifics. But I can pick up on things like that. Anyone ever listen to Loveline? Dr. Drew can pick up on a caller's trauma like a bloodhound. I have that sense, but not as well honed as the doc does.

I also have dreams that end up coming true in some way, shape, or form. I once had a dream my cousin got burned on the left side of his face from a clothes iron. A couple days later he was welding iron and burned his left arm.

I also had a dream about my XBF, who may or may not be in recovery. In the dream his counselor was telling me how great he is except for that one thing. That one thing happened to be a CPS investigation on him and a young girl. A couple weeks ago, his new gf's roommate got mad her friend had a new drinking buddy (my x) and called them in on the new gf's daughter. (Hope that made sense). I had the dream a few months ago. Yuck. As far as I've heard it's all clear (false report) but he and gf have to do random drug tests for a few weeks but I think because she has a custody case and then this.

My mom and grandma have it was well. My dad calls us witches.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Aurora -

Your experiences sound similar to mine. I used to feel odd when these things would happen but now I try to use my intuition to prepare myself for something about to happen or in determining whether to trust someone.

In the past I would get senses about people, but I would ignore them. After learning the hard way that my initial feeling was right, I trust my gut more.

As for people labeling me, I really don't care. I can't help the way that I am and I don't think that I should be ashamed of it. It makes sense that people don't understand it because even I don't understand it, but that doesn't make it bad.

Everyone has special abilities, that's what makes us individuals.