To Talk or Not to Talk?

Old 01-13-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Don't. I mean, I'm not telling you what to FEEL -- I'm telling you (and you know this already so it's just a reminder) that addicts are really good at covering their tracks and lying. I mean, if I could live under the same roof with a guy for about a year without realizing he was an alcoholic... how on earth were you supposed to know what was going on with your AF???

Do the right thing, but don't blame yourself for not being a psychic. (((hugs)))
I know, I know. I lived with my XAH for two years before I put it all together.

It's just such a mindf***.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I would have 2 pieces of paper 1 for the things you yourself have actually witnessed and paper #2 for all the things told to you by a 2nd party. And keep in mind that that 2nd party is not YET willing to step up for her own niece’s sake out of some kind of fear of not being able to see her. And the niece is not YET willing to take a stand against her own mother.

I’m not saying NOT to make a phone call to CPS but when you do have the facts in hand. Discuss with them your concerns about the things “told” to you and the fears involved by the family in not stepping forward themselves.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Quick update.

Sister and Mother called before I got a chance to. CPS talked to the daughter yesterday, who confirmed the abuse and drug abuse. They talked to AF, who is in full denial and threatening her mother now. Daughter admitted to CPS that AF has given her drugs, including intravenous drugs, among other things. It's so messed up. They haven't taken Daughter from the home yet, don't know what they'll do.

I don't know what happens next. This all feels so yucky. They have all texted me now, Mom and Sister, AND AF, who is spinning yarns about all this and has no idea about my involvement.

Sigh. I'm ready for addiction to be out of my life altogether. But I couldn't sit back knowing what I knew. I hope the state does the right thing and protects the daughter and that my involvement -- encouraging her family to take action after I saw AF last month -- doesn't hurt anyone that needs helped.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That poor girl...all the awful things she must have seen and gone through. And at the worst possible age. I pray for her.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm glad CPS intervened quickly. And I do hope they will remove the daughter. It sounds like she has both an aunt and a grandmother who care about her.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Don't question for one second that you did the right thing. Shooting up the daughter is some SERIOUS business!

I am very surprised they have not removed her yet, but hope they do so soon.

Tight hugs, you are a good person.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dear god, I hope they remove that daughter asap from that house of horrors.

this is just disgusting and so incredibly sad.
good thing you chose to NOT look the other way. And while I am sure you just want addiction out of your life, you may have just been an integral part in saving someone else's life (the daughter)
so good for you!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I just keep thinking, what in the he11 was she doing shooting up her daughter? what was she trying to accomplish? It's one thing to shoot yourself up, but drugging your own KID?
that is just...I don't even know what to say.
I pray that girl is removed soon and placed with family who cares.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

AF was a very talented hospital nurse. When we were tight, she was working her butt off to get through school to get her license and working multiple full time jobs too. But apparently over the last few years she's been boosting drugs from the hospital, opiates and all the drugs needed to curb the side effects of using opiates, like speed and anti-nausea drugs. Daughter was sick with flu (supposedly) and she shot her up with Zofran. When AF's sister told me about this, I hit the roof.

AF was fired from her job for shooting up hospital medication in the "dirty room," where old needles are thrown away.