What did you do for yourself today?

Old 01-09-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What did you do for yourself today?

I don't know about you, but I came to this forum to HEAL! So.... Today, instead of venting my confusion and pain, I want to share and hopefully coax others to simply share what they did to look after themselves today.

Today I listened more to an audio book I am enjoying (The Power of Now), I took a 45 minute jog, and I made a delicious meal for dinner! Meatloaf! Yum!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I colored. My husband got me an "expert-level" coloring book for Christmas. I find the practice meditative and soothing. Also, I'm ten.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice! I love coloring!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't do anything today, but, tomorrow morning I'm going to breakfast with a dear friend of mine..yay!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I spent an hour sweating on a treadmill to pop punk with my phone set to airplane mode so the kids couldn't text or call me. (Don't worry, they were well taken care of.)
Old 01-09-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm breathing. Waiting. Letting go of all my potential worries. All of them.

Healing first. I'm physically exhausted.
I let myself be lazy this evening.
I ordered supplements that greatly help me. It'll be here Tuesday afternoon.

I'm listening to KLOVE. Drinking water.

Making a cuppa tea.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went SHOPPING! I bought the kids some clothes, the dog some bones, and for *myself* I bought some new MASCARA! It was nice to just spend the afternoon wandering around the store. I normally don't care much for shopping, but since I've been so broke lately...it was nice to finally have some damn money. UGH....I could complain about the money thing..but I won't. HP came through, as always...so I'm going to be grateful about it.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I went to Celebrate Recovery tonight for my codepency. Listened to people just be real and live life with each other. It felt good and uplifting.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
aboutdone

Middle daughter and I jumped around dancing to no music, I snuggled with youngest, indulged oldest stories of their day, and then did body weight training, and recumbent bike with moddle child. I read through a lot of vent topics, vented myself, but pulled 2 VERY healing things out of all the venting and sharing. Which I applied...
1. Instead of being rejected, I am a released hostage.
2. Go to the mirror and tell yourself you love you.

I told myself I love me and have a better outlook considering I am recently released!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Location: The planet Earth, or at least that's what I've been told.
This is a good thread.

Today I went for a walk with my dogs, made myself a smoothie for breakfast, wrote in my journal, cleaned my house and rested (still getting over the flu).

The past few weeks I've really been feeling kind of bleeehhh, but today I really felt like I turned a corner. Hopefully it will last!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

After we said goodbye to Mr. Grits for another month or so, we came home and the girls and I watched a movie. After dinner, all the kids got to watch another movie I rented from Redbox while I worked on homework and bawled my eyes out to The Fault in Our Stars. Tonight I made sure to do my full bedtime routine, including putting lavender oil on my feet for good rest. The first day the hubs is gone is always the hardest.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aboutdone View Post
Middle daughter and I jumped around dancing to no music, I snuggled with youngest, indulged oldest stories of their day, and then did body weight training, and recumbent bike with moddle child. I read through a lot of vent topics, vented myself, but pulled 2 VERY healing things out of all the venting and sharing. Which I applied...
1. Instead of being rejected, I am a released hostage.
2. Go to the mirror and tell yourself you love you.

I told myself I love me and have a better outlook considering I am recently released
I love that!

hugs
Old 01-09-2015, 10:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I was being told I was double-posting, so I backed out, and now there's no post. Hmph. Anyway, after I said goodbye to Mr. Grits for another month-and-a-half, I watched a Tinker Bell movie with both DD's. After dinner, all the kids watched a movie I got out of Redbox while I bawled my eyes out to The Fault in Our Stars (I was doing homework, too. When I could see to read, anyway.). Tonight before bed I made sure to do my full self-care routine, including lavender oil on my feet for good rest. I've been forgetting to use my oils, and it shows. The first day without the hubs is always the hardest, so it's important that I take care of me in all the chaos.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I was being told I was double-posting, so I backed out, and now there's no post. Hmph. Anyway, after I said goodbye to Mr. Grits for another month-and-a-half, I watched a Tinker Bell movie with both DD's. After dinner, all the kids watched a movie I got out of Redbox while I bawled my eyes out to The Fault in Our Stars (I was doing homework, too. When I could see to read, anyway.). Tonight before bed I made sure to do my full self-care routine, including lavender oil on my feet for good rest. I've been forgetting to use my oils, and it shows. The first day without the hubs is always the hardest, so it's important that I take care of me in all the chaos.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Apparently I'm having serious issues with the site tonight. The dupes didn't even show up until it was too late to edit them. Sorry, y'all!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lovely thread, thanks.

Today I am seeing my friend for a meal, chats and giggles. I will be enjoying my new hairstyle that I had done a couple days ago. Wearing pretty clothes that I feel good in. Confidently walking into the restaurant with my head up. Then having stroll around the clothes shops, will treat myself if I see something I like. This afternoon will be relaxing in front of my telly watching shows I like without some idiot drunk talking all the way through them.

Sounds good to me!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

All of this is awesome!
Old 01-10-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HMA View Post
All of this is awesome!
I agree and BTW HMA--- I adore your signature. I am a lord of the rings fanatic. Read the books at least 5 times... reading them again now actually.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I made myself a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch! This is big for me...depression has caused me to frequent the frozen pizza isle more than I should :/
Old 01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I took my favorite exercise class and really pushed myself despite already being a little sore from yesterday's class. Then I bought a latte and a breakfast sandwich at Starbucks. I feel so peaceful and strong these days.