SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Patience....or my head will explode! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/356049-patience-my-head-will-explode.html)

lizatola 01-09-2015 11:31 AM

Patience....or my head will explode!

We had our realtor come over, she is a good friend and has known both of us for 10 years. She is a well respected business woman here in town and has her own radio show, owns her own company, and she knows us intimately because we were close as friends for a few years.

After AH and I argued in front of her today about what's getting sold and how he doesn't want to pay to fix the patches on the ceiling on the porch, blah, blah, blah....I finally asked AH what it is he wanted since he still hasn't responded to my emails where I specifically stated, "This is what I'd like to see happen....."

He doesn't want to move, he wants to keep the house. Now, I have to NOT retort, "Really? Because 3 weeks ago you told me that you won't do another summer in that master bedroom because of how hot it gets in the summer, etc, etc". I kept my mouth shut but man this guy can push my buttons.

Realtor suggested that if he wants to keep the house he can buy it from US as an individual but he'd have to get approved. That way, the proceeds from the new purchase could either be split or I could get all the proceeds and he gets to keep the house.

I kind of like this idea because then I get out and get on my own and he gets to keep this house without me being financially tied to it. She's contacting her mortgage guy today and having him touch base with AH.

What remains to be seen is if AH can follow through. Yesterday he was in bed until 2:30, just lying there, no tv on, etc. He is obviously depressed but he complained to us (me and the realtor) that he won't be making any money and that he needs to work so much harder and that he didn't want any of this to happen, etc. Thank goodness she's very diplomatic and can see both sides. I swear she'd be a good mediator, LOL.

Anyway, I really just want this to be over asap. I no longer have patience. And, if I have to hear him say one more time, "Well, I have to pay for all her expenses and new house stuff. How am I going to do that?" ARGHHH!

lillamy 01-09-2015 11:39 AM

I think it sounds like a good idea for him to buy the house from you. You'd be out and free of responsibility and he can let it go to pot if he wants to.

But I hear you on the patience front. I'd be counting to 20 in every language I know (and then make a few up)...

lizatola 01-09-2015 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by lillamy (Post 5127712)
I think it sounds like a good idea for him to buy the house from you. You'd be out and free of responsibility and he can let it go to pot if he wants to.

But I hear you on the patience front. I'd be counting to 20 in every language I know (and then make a few up)...

Yes, but he'll have to get approved first. If he doesn't, then we're back to square one with selling the house and debating over who gets the house money, etc. I know he called a lawyer today which is the first time he's bothered to go this far.

I have my lawyer appointment on the 22nd. I'm going to call her on Monday and see if I can move it up.